CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

Also riczhang you asked how I could tell Sat night looked bigger then Friday night.Some theaters have reserved seating shows that show you how full showings are and by daytime Saturday it was well ahead of Friday.Night time business is looking to be big as well.Last night the AVX show was 75% full at showing time at 11pm.Its already 75% full for that showing at 7:50

Edited by Lordmandeep

I've been really surprised at the turnout for my Avenger viewings. Not very useful for helping to determine this weekends take, but our opening day matinee was fairly empty (which is to be expected...I just happened to have the day off and it was a 11:05 AM show in 3D) but the next morning's early bird special was all but sold out despite being a 9:10 AM show and last Wednesday at 8:30pm was pretty much full to the brim by show time as well. And I can't remember the last time I heard as much cheering and clapping at the end of my second viewing.

WTF is 9gag?I just look at cats and think, what is your purpose besides doing nothing all day, and scratching and hissing at people that do nothing to bother you!!

Doing nothing all day is kinda fun, I guess. I have 3 female cats. They are not that bad :lol:(9gag is a site made by posts of whoever wants to post there, and there are a lot about cats being evil :lol:)

I felt the same way until I owned some of my own. And the secret is to get male cats. They're a lot more affectionate than the females IMO.

I have 3 females cats... one of them is very calm and stays at home all day with me. The other 2 are another story...

I have 3 females cats... one of them is very calm and stays at home all day with me. The other 2 are another story...

I think our cats may be gay (Not that there is anything wrong with that). They sleep together, groom each other, and their wrestling sessions almost always end up being some sort of lick down once one of them wins....
  • Like 1

Yeah another thing we failed to notice this weekend isTA 3d share has fallen by a lot...Down to around 50% or lower I would imagine.So it goes into this weekend with a hadicap.Nonethless huge numbers and really means that in admissions this is likley down around below 50% . :D"When you say last week you mean last Saturday right?"lol do not any crazy assumptions that this is matching last weeks business.I would just say me theater is over performing like crazy...

Edited by Lordmandeep

I just look at cats and think, what is your purpose besides doing nothing all day, and scratching and hissing at people that do nothing to bother you!!

Isn't that basically what everyone on here does, though?
  • Like 1

i love cats, they're smart animals and they don't pander to humans like a leech ,now dogs cannot stand them ,they bark all day for no reason or for the dumbest reasons ever, they pee and shit all over the place and they smell awful...and are so damn dependent ...but i understand people loving their dogs ! to each their own pet inclinationthis is so OT but i'm hesitating about reading the thread from since last i was on this afternoon!ok i'll read the five previous just to get a sense of the mood and why we're talking cats and dogs

Doing nothing all day is kinda fun, I guess. I have 3 female cats. They are not that bad :lol:(9gag is a site made by posts of whoever wants to post there, and there are a lot about cats being evil :lol:)

And pretty much a huge contributing factor to loss of productivity among teenagers. :lol: :lol:

7 sellouts at my theater :blink:compared to around 8-10 last week (lol)Funny thing is showings just go from being available to sold out

My (limited) viewing experience would suggest that showings aren't selling out in advance but they certainly fill up by the time the trailers start. At least in my area.

lolMy dog is obnoxious... he barks all damn day, he's 8 and is still very immature. It's an English Pointer, so it's a hunting dog by nature which means every little thing sets him off.Cats are ok. A little pissy.. I like the way you put it though, "they don't pander to humans" :lol: :lol:

I think our cats may be gay (Not that there is anything wrong with that). They sleep together, groom each other, and their wrestling sessions almost always end up being some sort of lick down once one of them wins....

Then my cats are lesbians... :mellow:

My (limited) viewing experience would suggest that showings aren't selling out in advance but they certainly fill up by the time the trailers start. At least in my area.

Whether they sell out a day in advance or just a minute before.... the gross will be the same. :)

And I'd say a friend of mine had by far the worst experience with TA so far:

Showing at the Alamo...a local chain where you can buy food and booze during the film...major storm coming through the area...power goes out and the full house lights come up right when Iron-Man grabs the missle at the end and his 'chest rockets' push it upwards. After a half hour of waiting they never did get the film restarted.

Luckily it was his second (of what is now four or five viewings) but I felt bad for his friend that was seeing it for the first time.

Edited by Adm56