CJohn

Weekend estimates thread TA 103,052,274!!

If Avatar made 750M and tied TDK with ticket sales how can Avengers beat it?

I'd like to challenge that. I don't see how a film that made 250 mill less sold the same amount of tickets.

I don't think that's the case, even domestically. Comparing ticket sales is problematical at best. It involves a lot of assumptions that produce dubious results.

where are you getting that it tied in ticket sales? According to Mojo, Avatar sold 97 million tickets, tDK 74 millhttp://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=darkknight.htm&adjust_yr=1&p=.htmhttp://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=releases&id=avatar.htm&adjust_yr=1&p=.htm

where are you getting that it tied in ticket sales? According to Mojo, Avatar sold 95 million tickets, tDK 74 mill

3D.Shrek 2, Avatar and TDK are basically tied for number one of the last decade, the difference between them is too small to call.

Avatar sold more tickets, but I remember a lot of batfans claiming TDK sold more tickets in mojo, but they were wrong.

3D.Shrek 2, Avatar and TDK are basically tied for number one of the last decade, the difference between them is too small to call.

No they are not. Not according to Mojo, and if you guys want to challenge that based on your own aqssumptions, be my guest. But I'll go with what is published.

Exhibitor Relations ‏ @ERCboxofficeFox Searchlight's THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL checked into the Top 10 in 8th place w/ $2.65M at 178 sites--a robust $14,888 per

No they are not. Not according to Mojo, and if you guys want to challenge that based on your own aqssumptions, be my guest. But I'll go with what is published.

Someone who's more knowledgable than me could provide a more substantiated response than mine, like spizzer or someone. But BOM does not take 3D into account and it results in 3D movies having overestimated ticket sales. Especially a movie like Avatar which had a very high ratio.

Exhibitor Relations ‏ @ERCboxofficeFox Searchlight's THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL checked into the Top 10 in 8th place w/ $2.65M at 178 sites--a robust $14,888 per

That's fantastic, I hope it makes over $100m.

But in all seriousness, Who on fucking earth thought it was a good idea to release DARK SHADOWS a week after The AVENGERS just made box office history??? Hell, I almost have to feel sorry for Johnny Depp cause this is the 2nd movie that's been a bomb with the 1st being The TOURIST with Angelina Jolie????? Whoever is in charge of deciding the release dates for this movie is fired..

They couldn't have known at the time that TA would be as big as it was.