Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

There's no guarantee that Avengers 2 will earn more OS than Frozen. WW it should do it, though.

If Frozen doesn't make 475M (OS 1.1B)  in Japan I can guarantee you that Avengers2 will out gross Frozen in OS. I mean with China who will likely add 100M more with a 990M TOT OS and the other markets were IM3 out gross avengers there is no doubt that it makes less than 1.1B OS maby not by much but I think 1.05B is almost a Lock, only if the movie dissapoints it could gross less. But don't think so

• Like 1

The only thing that has stopped Frozen is the DVD release.  I think it would have had a good chance at #1 DOM if the release wouldn't have been so early.

Japan's DVD release won't be til forever so I'd never bet against Frozen hitting a number no matter how impossible it seems.

Frozen won't get 3B from Japan I bet for that.

But 2.9B in Japan is totaly possible XD I mean almost locked!

• Like 1

Wait, Avengers 1 made nearly 900m so higher than where Frozen is at right now. Is it expected to pass it? Even then I expect Avengers 2 to increase

Frozen's final total will probably be somewhere between 900m and 1b OS, which will be higher than Avengers. Avengers 2 could increase, yes, but it isn't guaranteed. If it does do better than Frozen, it'll be almost entirely due to China.

• Like 2

Frozen's final total will probably be somewhere between 900m and 1b OS, which will be higher than Avengers. Avengers 2 could increase, yes, but it isn't guaranteed. If it does do better than Frozen, it'll be almost entirely due to China.

Not really. IM3 made more than TA in quite few territories so TA2 has potential for growth from non-China territories. (SK, Philippines, HK, Russia and few others)  

• Like 2

The fact that Frozen, a non-sequel animation, is even part of a debate comparing its earnings to the prospective earnings of Avengers: Age of Ultron, a highly anticipated crossover sequel in a multi-billion dollar movie franchise based on a massively popular, decades-old comic book universe, is a wildly impressive feat in an of itself.

And remember, this is largely due to Frozen's success in a country where Dinosaur had previously long been the top-grossing WDAS film.

• Like 4

Sorry to be blunt, but what are you actually smoking?There is no way Frozen gets to $1B OS. Like no way. Ever. That would mean almost $400m in Japan. I can see $900m possibly happening but $1B just no.

I was being sarcastic. But even if the probability is 0.00000000000000000000001%, it's still a probability.

The fact that Frozen, a non-sequel animation, is even part of a debate comparing its earnings to the prospective earnings of Avengers: Age of Ultron, a highly anticipated crossover sequel in a multi-billion dollar movie franchise based on a massively popular, decades-old comic book universe, is a wildly impressive feat in an of itself.

And remember, this is largely due to Frozen's success in a country where Dinosaur had previously long been the top-grossing WDAS film.

If you think about it, this demostrates how Disney is able to produce such a diverse set of movies, all of which are not only commercially super-successful but also have an above-average quality, at least.

Not really. IM3 made more than TA in quite few territories so TA2 has potential for growth from non-China territories. (SK, Philippines, HK, Russia and few others)  

Most of those were negligible in terms of growth.

I did say if it does increase, it'll be almost entirely due to China, not completely.

Wait, Avengers 1 made nearly 900m so higher than where Frozen is at right now. Is it expected to pass it? Even then I expect Avengers 2 to increase

In contrast to the expectation that it will pass DH2, which isn't realistic, even though it is possible (and no, I don't think the use of mulitpliers is accurate enough to predict the final gross because Frozen's mulitplier has been inflated by almost four weeks of holidays), the expectation that it will pas the Avengers' OS ($895M) is more -if not highly- likely and, given what it has achieved, a realistic possibility.

• Like 2

I did say if it does increase, it'll be almost entirely due to China, not completely.

Don't think so, if ironman3 can do better then Avengers that means that avengers2 will atleast do 30% beter then IM3 so that would make a big difference and in the other markets I also expect an increase of 10%

• Like 1

In contrast to the expectation that it will pass DH2, which isn't realistic, even though it is possible (and no, I don't think the use of mulitpliers is accurate enough to predict the final gross because Frozen's mulitplier has been inflated by almost four weeks of holidays), the expectation that it will pas the Avengers' OS ($895M) is more -if not highly- likely and, given what it has achieved, a realistic possibility.

I think even the term "realistic" applies.

I think everyone agrees it will comfortably finish over 250m in Japan now, and while definitely not locked, I'm going to agree with Corpse that 300m is 50% now.

With the weekend adjustment with actuals and 1.87m from Mon-Tuesday I have Frozen at 1.210 billion as of Tuesday, with just over 183m from Japan. HP:DH2 is 1.3415 billion, another 131.5m. Let's say another .5m from Domestic and holdovers and Frozen will need 314m from Japan.

Not locked, not even likely, but at this point it's well within the realm of possibility, definitely realistic odds.

• Like 2

Ow, man I just run throught this forum and I tought by my self WHOAWHOAWHOEAAAAAA what a run for frozen, saidly I have missed that best part already :(

To be honest, you spared yourself a lot of time of refreshing the page and waiting for updates on Frozen's box office. Now you can just scroll through everything in one go.

European Avengers' run was quite average. It has a big room to grow there. And both Asia and Latin America will devour it again. IMO, TA2 will make 1.1-1.2 billion OS.

Ow, man I just run throught this forum and I tought by my self WHOAWHOAWHOEAAAAAA what a run for frozen, saidly I have missed that best part already :(

welcome, and you just joined in time for the 2013 WW movie crown, so not too late for everything ;)

• Like 2