Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

okay I just figured out the disappointment thing. I knew parenting change back in the 80's with all the psychology books that people read and this is a fine example.[rant omitted]

"Kids these days are so spoiled, don't know how rough we had it, uphill both ways, etc."

I'm pretty sure this has been said by every single generation since at least the Paleolithic.

As far as I know, very few big screens in Tokyowill be given back to Frozen tomorrow. Perhaps the theatermanager think Frozen is especially strong on Sunday whileConan is so on the opening day.

the theater manager think Frozen is especially strong on Sunday, and then... very few will be given back to Frozen?

What I mean is that manager gives all the big screens to Frozen on Sunday but so far I only find one theater manager does so. That is very few all over Tokyo or even Japan. I dont know if there will be more this kind of managers tomorrow..perhaps we will know it tonight.

"Kids these days are so spoiled, don't know how rough we had it, uphill both ways, etc."I'm pretty sure this has been said by every single generation since at least the Paleolithic.

I know of a many young people not walking four blocks to school these days. That twentysomething, product of the 90s, in Miami thought it unfathomable to walk 3/4 of a mile. I did walk a mile to school in the rain in the 70s. My father walked two miles in the 40s with bombs reigning down and was a full time brick layer, back breaking work at 16.. half the population of rome were slaves. yes it was rougher in the decades and centuries past.I asked a 12 year old nephew to help dig holes for plants and he declared child abuse because it was too hard. Wanted to play video gamesLets see. Play video games. Lay brick. Be a slave. Hmm. You're right, getting beat in a video game is as rough as my dads back surgery and getting whipped as a slave then sodomized. Nothing has changed. Edited by mfantin65

I think Frozen will beat conan this weekend and stay at no.1. Frozen is highly popular right now there and the songs are giving the movie even more popularity. I say 7.5 for Frozen and 7 for conan.  B)

u bet im with you. New to the forum? will let you know about the weekend in two hours.
  • Like 1

corpse: 

Here is how Detective Conan and Frozen are comparing to one another an hour before noon at five popular Toho Cinemas in the nation:

Tickets Sold (as of 11AM) / Tickets Available (%) 

Kinshicho:
1,242/2,119 (58.6%) - Detective Conan
703/1,569 (44.8%) - Frozen

Shibuya:
1,344/1,639 (82.0%) - Frozen
992/1,170 (84.7%) - Detective Conan

Ebina:
1,472/3,780 (38.9%) - Detective Conan
685/2,406 (28.5%) - Frozen

Umeda:
1,619/4,749 (34.1%) - Detective Conan
869/3,658 (23.8%) - Frozen

Nishinomiya:
1,116/2,488 (44.9%) - Detective Conan
985/1,949 (39.6%) - Frozen

Overall (as of 11AM):
6,441/14,306 (45.0%) - Detective Conan
4,586/11,221 (40.8%) - Frozen

• Like 3

Wow, they are both selling their tickets very fast. maybe by night they will nearly sell out in many theaters. so, it is 11 am and they both have almost 40 to 80 % of their tickets sold. great numbers!!!  :o not bad for frozen, it is in its 6th weekend and it is still selling that much.  :D so, according with the overall as of 11 am, conan is ahead with 1855  tickets  (4.2 %) so far. this battle is awesome!

Edited by Queen Elsa Arendelle

TOHO FROZEN DOWN 5%!!!! It fucking held!!!40% of seats sold at kinezo and toho.Anybody have last weeks kinzeo number?5% is huge. They probably lost some kids early in the day but should retain the adults in the evening. with conan backing off tomorrow frozen could be close to flat.Dubbed down just 1%. When you throw in 3d and hyped sing along next weekend- 9m possible regardless of spideygirl and Roman lesbian bath for 2.★★★★Spirited away in us dollars locked★★★★

Edited by mfantin65
  • Like 1

Labas. The 150 3d theaters wont be a swap, will it?. Expansion yes?Omni have cheeseburger and Chilean music.Conan will win the day by 25%. It will drop tomorrow while frozen increase. Frozen should have it beat in admissions, definitely in revenue.

Edited by mfantin65

I know of a many young people not walking four blocks to school these days. That twentysomething, product of the 90s, in Miami thought it unfathomable to walk 3/4 of a mile. I did walk a mile to school in the rain in the 70s. My father walked two miles in the 40s with bombs reigning down and was a full time brick layer, back breaking work at 16.. half the population of rome were slaves. yes it was rougher in the decades and centuries past.I asked a 12 year old nephew to help dig holes for plants and he declared child abuse because it was too hard. Wanted to play video gamesLets see. Play video games. Lay brick. Be a slave. Hmm. You're right, getting beat in a video game is as rough as my dads back surgery and getting whipped as a slave then sodomized. Nothing has changed.

Yes, yes, keep throwing out individual anecdotes and trying to pretend that they compound to actual data. When you hand pick which examples you use for each side, you can construct whatever result you want. This sort of intellectual dishonesty is very unbecoming of you, you're better than that.

Labas. The 150 3d theaters wont be a swap, will it?. Expansion yes?Omni have cheeseburger and Chilean music.Conan will win the day by 25%. It will drop tomorrow while frozen increase. Frozen should have it beat in admissions, definitely in revenue.

Anyway, I hope Disney' strategy will work next weekend, especially 3D Dubbed.

FYI,

http://ugc.disney.co.jp/blog/movie/article/22846?category=anayuki

This is the list of Frozen singalong theaters next weekend.

Around 85 screens...

And Disney has not announced Dubbed 3D theaters..