Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

TOHO FROZEN DOWN 5%!!!!It fucking held!!!40% of seats sold at kinezo and toho.Anybody have last weeks kinzeo number?5% is huge. They probably lost some kids early in the day but should retain the adults in the evening. with conan backing off tomorrow frozen could be close to flat.Dubbed down just 1%. When you throw in 3d and hyped sing along next weekend- 9m possible regardless of spideygirl and Roman lesbian bath for 2.★★★★Spirited away in us dollars locked★★★★

Detective Conan will increase tomorrow (Sundays showings are already reaching half capacity).  As will Frozen, too.

The only films that drop on most Sundays throughout the year are films that target adult audiences between 30-50.  Most everything else increases on Sunday regardless of any fanbase.  

I don't want to be a downer, but after 5 weeks, Spirited Away was at $109 million and then earned $24 million during the next week bringing its 6-week total to $123 million.  It then grew even bigger, earning $25 million the following week and boosting its 7-week total to $149 million.  It finally stopped earning more than $10 million for a full week by its 13th week in release having reached $204 million at this point, and regularly had $4/5 million weeks for another 2 months.  

I know Frozen is doing insane numbers, but it's tracking almost 20% behind in USD (and 30% in Yen), with a more favorable exchange rate of 15%.  Aiming for Harry Potter 1/2, Princess Mononoke or Avatar is the ultimate goal.

Edited by Corpse

Yes, yes, keep throwing out individual anecdotes and trying to pretend that they compound to actual data. When you hand pick which examples you use for each side, you can construct whatever result you want. This sort of intellectual dishonesty is very unbecoming of you, you're better than that.

Ok. I caddied when I was a teen with a lot of other american born kids. Two 35lb bags on my back for 10 miles. I played at that course recently and not a single American kid caddies there. I asked young people why, its good money, its beneath them now, but not using mommies credit card.EVERY elder in my neighborhood told me what it was like in their time of depression and war and witnessed the trials of life on their wrinkled faces and broken backsyou weren't there, you have experienced nothing, dont trivialize you coddled clueless twit. Edited by mfantin65

Besides, the average ticket price for Conan today will be 12xx....

coz in Japan, the presale ticket for the OD is 1300 Yen (Adult) and students only pay 1000.

This also applies for Frozen on March 14th.

As for Frozen's avg. price today should be over 1380...around 100 Yen higher than Conan.

• Like 1

Detective Conan will increase tomorrow (Sundays showings are already reaching half capacity). As will Frozen, too.The only films that drop on most Sundays throughout the year are films that target adult audiences between 30-50. Most everything else increases on Sunday regardless of any fanbase. I don't want to be a downer, but after 5 weeks, Spirited Away was at $109 million and then earned $24 million during the next week bringing its 6-week total to $123 million. It then grew even bigger, earning $25 million the following week and boosting its 7-week total to $149 million. It finally stopped earning more than $10 million for a full week by its 13th week in release having reached $204 million at this point, and regularly had $4/5 million weeks for another 2 months. I know Frozen is doing insane numbers, but it's tracking almost 20% behind in USD (and 30% in Yen), with a more favorable exchange rate of 15%. Aiming for Harry Potter 1/2, Princess Mononoke or Avatar is the ultimate goal.

and you have been wrong on every call since the beginning. Keep being a downer. I dont mind consistency.frozen is going to earn over 20m next week too by the way.do you just transcribe the numbers? Would help to calculate the trajectory and pay attention to the hypei said us dollars, however I believe it has a shot at yen too. Edited by mfantin65

Welcome Queen Elsa :DSo,100m has been reached?This thread has such a success thanks to Frozen :o

1/3 of this thread (the last 60 pages) is 99% frozen related topics :D

$100m will be later today or more likely, early tomorrow I think!

• Like 3

Off-topic, but kids not walking to school these days is partially a liability thing. Our feeder schools encourage young kids to either be dropped off or picked up by our school buses. We trust our bus drivers' abilities to get kids to and from school safely, and we trust the kids' parents and guardians to do the same. We don't forbid nearby kids from walking to school, but if something happens to them along the way, regardless of whether or not it's the children's fault, parents blame us for it. Worse yet, if it happens during school hours or it can't be proven that it wasn't during school hours, the school is in fact liable. Our district is in a very densely populated suburb (and wealthy, too, so families can get good lawyers), with lots of traffic and streets to cross, so we actually require all students outside of a 1.5 mile radius to take the bus or be dropped off; no walking from beyond that distance.

That said, I get your point. Just be mindful that there can be other factors behind your observations outside of, "Kids are lazy."

On-topic, what kind of significant competition were Spirited Away, Avatar, Harry Potter, Princess Mononoke, etc. looking at after this point in their runs? Regardless if Frozen passes or doesn't pass them, we should be able to get an idea of the kind of legs it will have (and how it compares) going forward. The weekend graphs show Frozen to be holding much more steadily than many other big hits.

1/3 of this thread (the last 60 pages) is 99% frozen related topics :D

$100m will be later today or more likely, early tomorrow I think!

Today will be the day to cross 10b Yen. This is as fast as Alice in Wonderland...but Alice plummets in the following weeks, ending

up with 11.8 b Yen.

I have question. You all like underestimate for fear of disappointment and call people crazy when they make bold predictions. I mean you want the movie to do well because you like the movie but for some reason when you hear a high number of you say that's impossible. It's like having your favorite sports team as an underdog against overwhelming odds and betting on the other team even though you still want your team to win. this makes no sense to me. Corpse. You have underestimated every weekend of the run. You throw grossly underestimated projections. What's the point if your so far off? Conan will do at least 20m. No shit. Is that a prediction? Not really why bother.Some of you have stock in not being over because you like the movie. Ok. I have stock in being close. That what i do. When somebody who is so fucking wrong has the audacity to reply to my post that im high, they are going to get it. Period. I promise ill leave the " it mite do 125m" posts alone. If someone calls box crazy one more time for being high then dont fucking whine when the shit comes back at you.

Edited by mfantin65

Off-topic, but kids not walking to school these days is partially a liability thing. Our feeder schools encourage young kids to either be dropped off or picked up by our school buses. We trust our bus drivers' abilities to get kids to and from school safely, and we trust the kids' parents and guardians to do the same. We don't forbid nearby kids from walking to school, but if something happens to them along the way, regardless of whether or not it's the children's fault, parents blame us for it. Worse yet, if it happens during school hours or it can't be proven that it wasn't during school hours, the school is in fact liable. Our district is in a very densely populated suburb (and wealthy, too, so families can get good lawyers), with lots of traffic and streets to cross, so we actually require all students outside of a 1.5 mile radius to take the bus or be dropped off; no walking from beyond that distance.That said, I get your point. Just be mindful that there can be other factors behind your observations outside of, "Kids are lazy."On-topic, what kind of significant competition were Spirited Away, Avatar, Harry Potter, Princess Mononoke, etc. looking at after this point in their runs? Regardless if Frozen passes or doesn't pass them, we should be able to get an idea of the kind of legs it will have (and how it compares) going forward. The weekend graphs show Frozen to be holding much more steadily than many other big hits.

I agree. Its thee parents who were raised softer then take it to the next level with their kids. Not just the kids. When speaking with elders about how things are now in what you wrote, it all seems ridiculous from our vantage point.I looked at the other movies and on an extended run competition comes and goes. With a top ten attended phenomenon like this, competition plays less a factor. We havent seen a top ten since titanic in the states. Japan has had a few recently because they don't release DVDs right away. like Jaws Star Wars and Titanic in the States once word of mouth gets going at this level nothing stops it. frozen is performing differently than Howl's Moving Castle and ponyo. they had larger openings and declined faster. spirited away, I haven't seen the numbers. I think once it does start to fall sometime after Golden Week and it's in the upper 100 millions it will then start to taper off and then hold at the three to four million dollar per week level like the other movies mentioned above. Edited by mfantin65
  • Like 1

1/3 of this thread (the last 60 pages) is 99% frozen related topics :D$100m will be later today or more likely, early tomorrow I think!

It's really amazing!With 100m crossed by tomorrow the thread's title will need to be changed:D

Ok.I caddied when I was a teen with a lot of other american born kids. Two 35lb bags on my back for 10 miles. I played at that course recently and not a single American kid caddies there. I asked young people why, its good money, its beneath them now, but not using mommies credit card.EVERY elder in my neighborhood told me what it was like in their time of depression and war and witnessed the trials of life on their wrinkled faces and broken backsyou weren't there, you have experienced nothing, dont trivialize you coddled clueless twit.

You seriously compare caddying at a golf club with people living through a world war or the great depression??? And i assume with "no single American kid" caddying nowadays you mean no white kid? I would assume that this is a class thing... nowadays i think white people in the states are more frequently part of the upper middle class. I doubt that in your day and age there were many rich white people caddying.

As for people disagreeing with you. Being smug about being right is one thing but you slinging personal insults at everybody who even dares to criticise your opinions is getting really really tiring to read. This is a discussion board. Only allowing just one kind of idea to be discussed is actually what is responsible for a lot of suffering in this world...

And to add at least a little thread relevant stuff to this post: Frozen beating Conan on this weekend would be epic...

Edited by chuck0

Beating Conan is just a bonus. It's more important how well it holds compared to the previous week.

Even if Frozen loses top spot to Conan but holds well (sub 10% drop say) that's still a success.

Of course now that we've seen 14:30 toho numbers I think everyone's hoping for something more along the lines of last week's hold (sub 5% drop) but really a sub 10% hold would still be pretty ridiculous for a film in it's sixth week. Still have to wait for 19:00 toho numbers to say for sure but if the afternoon toho numbers hold or day I say increase sat-sun, this weekend could still end up grossing higher than the opening weekend. Let that last line sink in :D

Edited by Rsyu

Beating Conan is just a bonus. It's more important how well it holds compared to the previous week.

Even if Frozen loses top spot to Conan but holds well (sub 10% drop say) that's still a success.

Of course now that we've seen 14:30 toho numbers I think everyone's hoping for something more along the lines of last week's hold (sub 5% drop) but really a sub 10% hold would still be pretty ridiculous for a film in it's sixth week. Still have to wait for 19:00 toho numbers to say for sure but if the afternoon toho numbers hold or day I say increase sat-sun, this weekend could still end up grossing higher than the opening weekend. Let that last line sink in :D

No, beating Conan does make sense. It's kinda like an announcement which tells the theater managers : "Just leave all your screens to Frozen! No other movie could make more money for you."