Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

This is true, the same thing happened in Korea in fact. People who saw it in 2D went on to see it again in 3D, dubbed, 4dX etc. 

Also over here 3D in most films usually account for around 10% of revenue but with frozen it was a whopping 25%. It was generally perceived as one of those movies where 3D heightens the experience rather than diminishing it. I'm reasonably confident it will be the same in Japan :)

I have one question. I know that Korea ranks by admissions.

If the ranking is based on the boxoffice, how about  Frozen ? People say Frozen is only second to AVATAR.

I have one question. I know that Korea ranks by admissions.

If the ranking is based on the boxoffice, how about  Frozen ? People say Frozen is only second to AVATAR.

Admissions it is 11th highest and 2nd among foreign films

Gross it is 6th highest and again 2nd highest among foreign films 

local films are more popular here, frozen and avatar are generally viewed as the exception. 

Admissions it is 11th highest and 2nd among foreign films

Gross it is 6th highest and again 2nd highest among foreign films 

local films are more popular here, frozen and avatar are generally viewed as the exception.

How about Avengers 2 ? Part of the scenes is filmed in Korea. Will this boost its sale ?

How about Avengers 2 ? Part of the scenes is filmed in Korea. Will this boost its sale ?

IM3 was the 2th highest foreign movie in Korea, until Frozen came. So now you may guess about Avengers 2. I won't be surprised if it beats Avatar.

Most definately. AoU will be huge here, it could challenge avatar I think (13.3m admissions) I can't wait to track that run :DStill, success for avengers is expected, but no one expected frozen to do what it did in korea. Japan is the same I think...Or maybe east asia in general. China+sk+Japan will gross $300m+ Which will be around 1/4 of total gross...crazy!
  • Like 1

I'm curious how GotG will do in SK and Japan I really hope that that movie is a success so that marvel continues digging into its deeper cuts instead of just doing a ton of Cap, IM, and Thor (though I would still love a ton of Cap, IM, and Thor)

I'm pretty sceptical about it's chances in Japan. CBM outside of Spiderman tend to do badly from what I gather

Interest is low in Korea too, the majority of people have never heard of it before. most of the anticipation right now is for HTTYD2, AoE and DoFP. 

never say never though....

• Like 1

I'm pretty sceptical about it's chances in Japan. CBM outside of Spiderman tend to do badly from what I gather

Interest is low in Korea too, the majority of people have never heard of it before. most of the anticipation right now is for HTTYD2, AoE and DoFP. 

:( to bad to hear about Korea... I was hopefull it is different enough from the average superhero stuff to do better in JapanI guess it is still months away so maybe they can at least get the interest somewhat higher in Korea  :unsure: 

How did HTTYD perform in Korea?Can‘t understand why it didn’t even catch up with half a billion WW, while the big-eyed cat by the same Dreamworks got more.

Edited by Hider

How did HTTYD perform in Korea?Can‘t understand why it didn’t even catch up with half a billion WW, while the big-eyed cat by the same Dreamworks got more.

It grossed $25M, eight highest animated film in admissions. 

Yeah I feel the same, I liked puss in boots well enough but HTTYD was a much better film.

Shrek was a popular franchise so I guess that had a say in it. 

HTTYD2 should build well on the existing fanbase this time round though

TOHO 海老名   showtimesScreen 1:Frozen*62:RomaⅡ*53:Conan *64:Partner *5Spiderman2 : other small screen , 7 runs

This is good news. Screen 1 is biggest, followed by 2, 3 4...etc.

Screen 1 can accommodate 630 audience...this screen belongs to Conan last weekend...

• Like 1

Based on the latest information, the competition of seats is very fierce this weekend. Frozens 3D dubbed screens mostly come from its original English version screens. Singalong in most theaters is only one showtime a day, after all, this is a bold move and a test to the market. Most big screens belong to Roman 2 and some to Frozen or Spider man 2. The accurate total seats of Frozen are still unknown, but no surprise there will be at least 30% cut.

There's definately going to be some losers this weekend, it could turn out to be one of the most competitive of the year. Apparently there's another movie that hasn't been mentioned on here, called "partners the movie 3" opening this weekend too which could open at around 300mil yen upwards

Edited by Rsyu

There's definately going to be some losers this weekend, it could turn out to be one of the most competitive of the year. Apparently there's another movie that hasn't been mentioned on here, called "partners the movie 3" opening this weekend too which could open at around 3bil yen upwards

I did mention it along with TASM2 and Roman 2 when we were talking about competitions for April 26. The first movie made more than 4b yen, and the second one made more than 3b yen, so I included this as one of the movies with a chance to make more than 3b yen ($30m), and would probably affect Frozen. But people seem to ignore it and focus more on the other two so it has never mentioned again since.

Edited by catlover

I did mention it along with TASM2 and Roman 2 when we were talking about competitions for April 26. The first movie made more than 4b yen, and the second one made more than 3b yen, so I included this as one of the movies with a chance to make more than 3b yen ($30m), and would probably affect Frozen. But people seem to ignore it and focus more on the other two so it has never mentioned again since.

I seem to have a selective memory :) apologies

I seem to have a selective memory :) apologies

No problem. I think it's only mentioned once here. I kinda ignored it too, because mfantin65 asked if those movies had similar demographics as Frozen, and I realized Partners the Movie was mainly for older males, so I didn't think it would be a big problem for Frozen.

Edited by catlover

Afternoon.................... M ........T..........W .........T.......... F ........ S ......... SFirst............................................................18517--29035--38186Second......9396--10976--21854--12231--33278--32340--39828Third........14958--19027--46478--25446--21273--29380--44173Fourth......25661--41430--43550--25701--22309--28912--39206Fifth.........11969----6527--15260---4465----3965--25002---38584Sixth.......... 8552----3795---12728--3642---4167--23857---38683Seventh......6919Evening................... M ........ T ........ W ........ T ......... F ........ S ........ SFirst............................................................49224--58491--64414Second... 19967--21651--43281--26963--68297--67663--72506Third .......28363--34679--83765--40795--37218--58906--80440Fourth......40807--69958--74515--39964--38667--61448--67696Fifth.........22202--15224--35286--11375---13861--57650--67869Sixth........20665---10206--31370--10066---14085---56681---68963Seventh----14202

Toho 4328
  • Like 2