Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

I got inspired to write him finally.Ray. Do you look at the data or just write about it. Frozen hit its last milestone? Far from it. its a lock to pass Iron Man 3 for number 5 world wide. look at the data below. if it doesn't come in over 200 million in japan, I'll fly out to LA and blow you. you need to rewrite that little statement.Thx

Kudos to you for semi-threatening him :lol:

THIS!! Seriously, when BOM stopped reporting box office from Indonesia last year I was like NOOOOOOOO! I'm dying to know how big Frozen is in term of box office numbers. Btw Despicable Me 2 was the highest grossing animated film ever with around $6.2m. Do you think Frozen beat it? Minions are extremely popular here though.

I wasn't in Indonesia when DM2 came out. So, I'm not sure on how packed it was. But it was a packed session when I watched Frozen. If I have to make a guess, Frozen got more than Tangled but not more than DM2.

Edited by tong kosong

Japan and Germany are both strange countries for producing box office nerds give the two countries are big. In this forums, we have members from all kinds of countries (even from small countries in Europe and Africa) but never see one from Japan or Germany.

Yeah, it is really strange how private the Japanese people are. You would imagine we would have at least one person from that country that is a regular here, but no. They are like Elsa in real life, but they have a ton of anime with outgoing and adventurous characters like Anna. There lies the paradox. :blink:

Yeah, it is really strange how private the Japanese people are. You would imagine we would have at least one person from that country that is a regular here, but no. They are like Elsa in real life, but they have a ton of anime with outgoing and adventurous characters like Anna. There lies the paradox. :blink:

Not at all. It's typical escapism stemming from repression. :P This is the exact same reason why Elsa was capable of creating Olaf, a being as opposite to her nature as possible. :P So basically Japanese people = Elsa and anime = Olaf!  :lol:

And that's why Frozen's such a beast there.  ;)

• Like 1

According to movie walker Japan, this weekend  Frozen will have 631 screens ( last Sunday : 594)

but spiderman 2  will have 708 screens . This is the updated information so far.

So they're taking screens from conan?

Also does that increase include the 150 3D dubbed screens you mentioned?

No, Conan only has 331 screens. They take screens from other old movies (Doraemon, Walt Mitty ..etc.)

As for Frozen, I think this include 150 3D (perhaps they take screens from English 3D )

And I don't know if this is the final screen numbers. Disney has not make public the list of 150 3D theaters.

Besides, screen numbers is not the most significant.

Conan has only 331 screens but have more seats than Frozen.

So, let's wait to see the change of seat numbers.

Yen is one of the goals. However, an expression, history is written by the winners. What is in writing is believed until Howard Zinn writes something else. People mostly look up BOM and will see US dollars and that's what they'll believe. Disney will also boast beating SA ar 231mWith 3d pricing you cant compare yen either. Admissions is the truest barometer.BTW its 102 yen to the dollar. 294.5m

That is true. Number of admissions or adjusted list is the best ranking. And I understand what you mean. If you show that a number is higher than other, the win will be done.

Anyway, whether Frozen is able to surpass Spirited Away in admissions or not, Japanese Frozen's run is already one of the most impressive we have ever seen in any country.

Edited by peludo

Nice, strong Monday number for Frozen! Though I expected a bigger gap from Conan...is the latter acctracting an oddly high % of adults? First that strong saturday evening, now solid weekdays.

Besides, screen numbers is not the most significant.

Conan has only 331 screens but have more seats than Frozen.

So, let's wait to see the change of seat numbers.

Do you know how the number of seats has varied so far? Any data available?

Oh, and I don't see any reason to bother with Sub-er(s). His total gross projections are often terrible and he tends to underestimate every OS trajectory. His weekend reports are useful to get some data, but also good for a laugh.

Nice, strong Monday number for Frozen! Though I expected a bigger gap from Conan...is the latter acctracting an oddly high % of adults? First that strong saturday evening, now solid weekdays.

Do you know how the number of seats has varied so far? Any data available?

No, but we won't wait too long. At least, spider man opens this Friday  so perhaps we will know the detail this Wednesday.

I bet the theaters are making decisions on how to arrange the seats. Of course, last weekend's performance

plays a vital role.

there are some members routinely posted numbers in this thread, are they not japanese?

No,they're not.No Japanese members here to date.I'm sure one of them will show up one day or another,they just need to know about this forum.

No,they're not.No Japanese members here to date.I'm sure one of them will show up one day or another,they just need to know about this forum.

Language might be a barrier. Some might be able to write some English but are too shy or afraid to make mistakes. 

• Like 1

Afternoon.................... M ........T..........W .........T.......... F ........ S ......... SFirst............................................................18517--29035--38186Second......9396--10976--21854--12231--33278--32340--39828Third........14958--19027--46478--25446--21273--29380--44173Fourth......25661--41430--43550--25701--22309--28912--39206Fifth.........11969----6527--15260---4465----3965--25002---38584Sixth 8552----3795---12728--3642---4167Evening................... M ........ T ........ W ........ T ......... F ........ S ........ SFirst............................................................49224--58491--64414Second... 19967--21651--43281--26963--68297--67663--72506Third .......28363--34679--83765--40795--37218--58906--80440Fourth......40807--69958--74515--39964--38667--61448--67696Fifth.........22202--15224--35286--11375---13861--57650--67869Sixth........20665---10206--31370--10066---14085

labas what happened? You stopped updating. I had to search back 12 pages. Ray subers is one slacker too many. I would do it but I don't want to put you out of work! :)Thats a great number. Big improvement over tues and thursday, should eclipse Fri too. Last monday toho day, number do not compare. However it was only 1.1m last monday. 15500 will beat it in revenue. I think the tv show had an impact, the numbers are on the rise since.somehow corpse will see that as a bad thing and revise total down to 180m :P corpse, any relations to ray subers?increase in screens is good. I did think it would be more though. It was already demoted to smaller screens. Seats should hold or rise with more screens, my guess. Spideyvdeclined rapidly last year. Hopefull they shift seats back during GW. Edited by mfantin65

Language might be a barrier. Some might be able to write some English but are too shy or afraid to make mistakes.

Indeed,I'm pretty sure it's a language barrier,I just hope one of them can show up here,it's fine if this person makes mistakes,people won't annoy him/her for that.