Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

I'm looking at the disneyjp YouTube channel, and their top 12 most viewed videos are all Frozen related:

Posted Image

The various versions of Let It Go have 52 million views on this channel alone!

Combine that with the multi-language version, and all the Disney uploaded Idina versions (US/Singalong, UK/UK Singalong, Vevo) and that's ~390 million views.

Edited by Spizzer - Manav

Combine that with the multi-language version, and all the Disney uploaded Idina versions (US/Singalong, UK/UK Singalong, Vevo) and that's ~390 million views.

If you add in all the covers, unofficial versions, and parodies I'm sure it's over 1 billion views now. :o

Tabbed as many Disney/DisneyVevo uploads as I could find (including international versions).  

Got a total of ~408.0M views.  Throw in the most popular video of Idina's Oscar performance and it jumps to 416.8M.  Throw in Lovato's Vevo video and its up to 555.0M.

If you add in all the covers, unofficial versions, and parodies I'm sure it's over 1 billion views now.  :o

Easily.

Edited by Spizzer - Manav

Corpse from WOKJ

Biggest Weekends (Top 10) [2001-]:

01. ¥3.601 billion - 07/09-10/200502. ¥3.423 billion - 07/19-20/200303. ¥3.329 billion - 07/21-22/200704. ¥3.314 billion - 07/22-23/200605. ¥3.160 billion - 04/17-18/201006. ¥3.048 billion - 07/21-22/200107. ¥2.963 billion - 07/17-18/201008. ¥2.960 billion - 07/18-19/200909. ¥2.917 billion - 07/10-11/201010. ¥2.836 billion - 07/19-20/2008Only one of the Top 10 weekends (since at least 2001) has been outside of that mid-July weekend (very popular weekend that begins Summer Vacation), so making this list is very difficult any other time of the year. However, we might see it happen once again this weekend as the films kinda mirrors those from that 2010 April weekend when Alice in WonderlandNodame Cantabile 2Detective Conan 14 and Crayon Shin-chan 18 all opened together and exceeded expectations. Alice in Wonderland (2010) vs. Frozen (2014)Nodame Cantabile 2 (2010) vs. Thermae Romae II (2014)Detective Conan 14 (2010) vs. Detective Conan 18 (2014)Crayon Shin-chan 18 (2010) vs. Crayon Shin-chan 22 (2014)All of 2010's equivalent films opened over the weekend however while 2014's equivalents will be in their second weekends or seventh weekend in Frozen's case, except for Thermae Romae II which is opening making it comparable to Nodame Cantabile 2. This will make 2014 matching the 2010 equivalent films very difficult, however, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Partners 3 are also opening this weekend, so they can certainly make up the difference. Some big things would have to go wrong for this upcoming weekend not to break ¥3 billion, in my opinion, or at the very least fail to earn the ¥2.837 billion required to make the Top 10.Best-case scenario: ¥3.2/3.3 billion (#3/#5 all-time)Worst-case scenario: ¥2.6/2.7 billion (misses Top 10)

toho 2pmFrozen 14489Conan 6036..Frozen outperforms last Wednesday 12728and smashes conan.

Wow. And it only dropped 5% from Wednesday two weeks ago. Do you think some people are rushing before it's gone from the theaters near them? But then again, only few theaters will stop screening Frozen this weekend. Maybe it is the hype from crossing 10b yen.

Edited by catlover

Even if it can't beat Spirited Away's total, what would Frozen have to earn to beat SA's OW multiplier? Isn't that a lower target? Or no?

Something like $225m? That's basically the same target as SA total in dollars.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1

Wow. And it only dropped 5% from Wednesday two weeks ago. Do you think some people are rushing before it's gone from the theaters near them? But then again, only few theaters will stop screening Frozen this weekend. Maybe it is the hype from crossing 10b yen.

After I double check Toho website and see Saturday schedule, I realize what they mean by stop screening. Here stop screening refers to the English version in thosetheaters and will be replaced by 3D dubbed and singalong. Good news, I believe.

Something like $225m? That's basically the same target as SA total in dollars.

Oh, wow, I don't know why I was under the impression that SA earned significantly more than that. Perhaps it was those godly weekend holds on the comparison chart. $225m is certainly in the realm of possibility if all the stars align... 

Oh, wow, I don't know why I was under the impression that SA earned significantly more than that. Perhaps it was those godly weekend holds on the comparison chart. $225m is certainly in the realm of possibility if all the stars align...

in some of those charts yen were converted into todays dollar... maybe thats why the numbers looked that much higher :-) Edited by chuck0
  • Like 1

Should definitely be the hype.

I'm expecting another flat weekend, with the hype, the slightly higher ticket prices and Monday being a holiday all together capable of balancing the loss of seats.

mfantin's 9.8M would just be too good to be true, and so would anything above 9M.