Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

It has always been this way, BOM gets the individual country numbers from various sources, sometimes local. The total OS number is not an addition of all of BOM's individual county tracking, but rather a direct number from the distributor. BOM has never tracked every single market so have to do it this way.

That makes sense I guess but a $40m error is still huge. Some of those grosses must be really off...

Good question.  My weekly numbers are calculated from the cumulative numbers in Corpse's post here.  I suspect he may have missed a week - splitting that into e.g. 1220 and 1200 would be much more plausible.

Yup. Probably 575 weekend before the 510. That was looking anomalous on the chart. Its going to compare well now. Ty again.

That makes sense I guess but a $40m error is still huge. Some of those grosses must be really off...

Rsyu, thats normal. look at this. http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=oculus.htm

sometimes they dont updated some places in the board.

Yeah that's normal, it's always been like this.  With the amount of data there is and the lack of consistent sources for each market, this is pretty much expected. 

Notice how the Frozen OS page only has 53 markets listed, but Frozen was released in more than 70 markets... Also BOM has not yet updated the last week of Japan grosses, but those numbers are taken in to account in the total OS number.

Notice how the Frozen OS page only has 53 markets listed, but Frozen was released in more than 70 markets... Also BOM has not yet updated the last week of Japan grosses, but those numbers are taken in to account in the total OS number.

Japan has been updated. It shows as $104m, might be lower than actuals though. They should put countries they don't track/list under "others" category or something. That way we can know that the grosses of each country is accurate

he stops updating individual countries near the end of the run. he just updates the os total reported by the studio.not all the cells in spreadsheets are not linked. Just this week we discovered that it said 89 million for Japan on the foriegn page and 90.6 million on the Japan page. It was screwing up my midweek number when the thursday report came out.

Japan has been updated. It shows as $104m, might be lower than actuals though.They should put countries they don't track/list under "others" category or something. That way we can know that the grosses of each country is accurate

Oh yeah, I assumed they didn't without checking.

The only way they could know how much it made in others is by subtracting the total number with what they have for each country, which would make each country "accurate" by definition so it would be pointless.

I dont know if this was posted but I asked corpse about frozen hitting SA numbers in dollars and he dismissed it bcos of weak weekdays which are more important than weekends for long period of time.It doesn't have the weekday support, which is more important than weekends. It'll require a gross of at least ¥25 billion, more than double what its 8 week total will probably be.

Getting the lay of the land on SA now. It had first 6 weeks in summer. No wonder how it had such strong midweek support. Frozen had just rwo weeks of SB. Lets add another 30m and it compares. To draw a conclusion from this is like comparing apples and assholes and brilliantly declaring one smells better than the other. No shit. Omni, zombie boy is trying to starve and kill you with toxic data and join the walking dead. I hope that's not an affront to zombies, boys or women DalekIm going to bed. 4000 or better 1430 toho numbertweet ray a McDonald's application for me. Fries Edited by mfantin65

Oh yeah, I assumed they didn't without checking.

The only way they could know how much it made in others is by subtracting the total number with what they have for each country, which would make each country "accurate" by definition so it would be pointless.

Or something else then. I find it hard to believe a country like indonesia doesn't have BO tracking of any sort. Maybe with a little effort they could track those countries.

bom sometimes merges countries

That's a pretty good idea actually. makes tracking a whole lot easier. 

Is anyone here ACTUALLY Japanese and living in Japan? I'm curious how the general reactions from the Japanese people are. :ph34r:

Corpse is the only Japanese I've seen. Labas does a pretty good job bringing us reactions though. 

That's a pretty good idea actually. makes tracking a whole lot easier. 

Corpse is the only Japanese I've seen. Labas does a pretty good job bringing us reactions though. 

Corpse is not Japanese.