Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

They had Frozen at $104,683,811 as of last Sunday. It did about 6.1 weekdays and looks like 8.5 weekend. It should be around 119.3m.

Looks about $1m short, just from Japan numbers, and other holdovers have been around 200k the last few weeks.

Forgot about the 260k domestic since last Sunday too. It appears like the WW total is close to 1.5m short from the numbers we have this week.

My email to ray subers last week at box office mojoRay. Do you look at the data or just write about it. Frozen hit its last milestone? Far from it. its a lock to pass Iron Man 3 for number 5 world wide. look at the data below. if it doesn't come in over 200 million in japan, I'll fly out to LA and blow you. you need to rewrite that little statement.ThxHis replyLIKELY it's final milestone. The data below is all speculation. Guaranteeing another $100m is absurd. Please make sure to send me an apology when it doesn't hit $200 (and no, I don't owe you an apology if the opposite happens, because I'm not the one who decided to send such a bizarre and vaguely threatening email)My email todayHi Ray. Frozen Japan. Sixth weekend above 8 million. We havent seen a run like this any where since ET, Star Wars, or Jaws. With Golden Week coming up its going to be close to your 175m prediction in two weeks. Like I said 200m a lock! 230m actually, all time #1 japan in US dollars. Its historic. Maybe you want to write IM3 WW likely but not last milestone this time. Harry potter may go down at #4 WW.315m has a shot. We "nerds" love an amazing run. This is like Lithuania winning the world cup. Anyway you're welcome in advance.Love (doing my best not to be threatening)MichaelP.S. You tweeted that you received a threatening email. I believe you do owe me an apology when it blows thru 200. Oh shit I used the word blow again. A pox upon me.P.P.S. "If you're not writing well or true, then dont bother publishing at all"J.D. SalingerGod rest his Goddamn soul!His replyDon’t e-mail me again.Ray SubersEditor, Box Office Mojo/IMDb.comMy replyIm just trying to help you keep your job Ray. Oh boy, I just emailed you again. Please dont call the internet police. Im too old for fanboy prison! On second thought I'll give you $10,000 to resign and bring back Brandon Grey.Box office mojo invites you to share your thoughts. Everyone email him. rsubers@boxofficemojo.comLet me know if he tweets anything.

Edited by mfantin65
  • Like 1

His replyDon’t e-mail me again.Ray SubersEditor, Box Office Mojo/IMDb.comMy replyIm just trying to help you keep your job Ray. Oh boy, I just emailed you again. Please dont call the internet police. Im too old for fanboy prison!On second thought I'll give you $10,000 to resign and bring back Brandon Grey.Box office mojo invites you to share your thoughts. Everyone email him.rsubers@boxofficemojo.comLet me know if he tweets anything.

He is a little bit touchy, isn't he ?

I followed him on Twitter, so I'll see if he has any comment about it.

Per Corpse

Biggest Seventh Weekends/Seven Week Totals (2001-)
Seventh Weekend (% change) / Seven Week Total -> Final Total - Film
¥842.0 million (+02%) / ¥12.30 billion -> ¥??.?? billion - Frozen (2014) *Estimate*
¥785.0 million (-13%) / ¥17.13 billion -> ¥30.40 billion - Spirited Away (2001)
¥767.4 billion (-22%) / ¥15.91 billion -> ¥20.30 billion - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)
¥731.9 million (+13%) / ¥13.61 billion -> ¥17.30 billion - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
¥703.8 million (+13%) / ¥12.88 billion -> ¥22.00 billion - Howl's Moving Castle (2004)
¥571.5 million (-16%) / ¥9.64 billion -> ¥15.60 billion - Avatar (2009)
¥543.9 million (-10%) / ¥13.51 billion -> ¥17.35 billion - Bayside Shakedown: Save the Rainbow Bridge (2003)
¥513.2 million (-11%) / ¥12.73 billion -> ¥15.50 billion - Ponyo (2008)
¥411.2 million (-32%) / ¥9.16 billion -> ¥13.70 billion - The Last Samurai (2003)
¥348.8 million (-40%) / ¥9.55 billion -> ¥11.00 billion - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
¥338.9 million (+06%) / ¥8.85 billion -> ¥12.02 billion - The Wind Rises (2013)
¥334.0 million (-11%) / ¥6.67 billion -> ¥8.75-8.80 billion - The Eternal Zero (2013)
¥317.8 million (-30%) / ¥7.43 billion -> ¥9.37 billion - Monsters, Inc. (2002)
¥310.6 million (-42%) / ¥9.57 billion -> ¥11.00 billion - Finding Nemo (2003)
¥302.3 million (-17%) / ¥6.14 billion -> ¥8.50 billion - Crying Out Love in the Center of the World (2004)
¥300 million+

Films Above ¥10 billion (~$100 million) after Seven Weeks (1998-)
¥17.13 billion - Spirited Away
¥15.91 billion - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
¥13.61 billion - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
¥13.51 billion - Bayside Shakedown: Save the Rainbow Bridge!
¥12.88 billion - Howl's Moving Castle
¥12.73 billion - Ponyo
¥12.30 billion - Frozen (est.)
¥10.01 billion - Princess Mononoke

• Like 3

They're wrong as usual.  :lol:

Box Office Mojo wasn't wrong. Subers just decided that he will report all numbers in dollars even though the records usually refer to the national currency. This is the same for all countries. He's done it before for Japan (TS3 and Finding Nemo) and the UK (Avatar and Skyfall).

He is a little bit touchy, isn't he ?

I followed him on Twitter, so I'll see if he has any comment about it.

He isn't as objective as he claims he is. Do you remember his ridiculous claims in July 2012 about the gross if The Dark Knight Rises. He said it would top Avengers OW (with $214M) and earn $850M overseas. He justs overblows stuff for movies he likes. He's doing the same this year with X-Men:DOFP and Godzilla.

He never updates his reports with actual overseas weekend numbers (only estimates) but he claims that his website is accurate. How can that be? He doesn't even bother to add up the initial overseas gross with the gross of the 3D re-release (e.g. Lion King, Finding Nemo). I've told him many times through tweets but he doesn't accept anything.

• Like 1

Box Office Mojo wasn't wrong. Subers just decided that he will report all numbers in dollars even though the records usually refer to the national currency. This is the same for all countries. He's done it before for Japan (TS3 and Finding Nemo) and the UK (Avatar and Skyfall).

Frozen passed TS3 in yen quite a while ago. Reporting a figure in dollar amount and a record that has been broken in local currency almost a week ago along side of it is just too stupid to believe, no one could make sense of that. 

• Like 1

Frozen passed TS3 in yen quite a while ago. Reporting a figure in dollar amount and a record that has been broken in local currency almost a week ago along side of it is just too stupid to believe, no one could make sense of that. 

I agree. He never specifies anything, yet he claims the website is comprehensible. I was just explaining that technically he isn't wrong. But he reports the right milestones in the most wrong way.  :blink:

• Like 1