Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

That's a different source of estimates, isn't it? Assuming that $5.2M is accurate, with around 1.2M on Friday (my estimation based on Toho numbers), it should be close to $4M 2-day weekend, or even more, considering BOM tends to underestimate OS weekend numbers.

Yes I know. But it gives an idea how big (or small) TASM2 OW is before the official numbers are reported. The actual number won't be that far anyway.

You are in right, but we should wait the officials to make serious reflections.

In past montys our friend Ray of BOM, according to estimates data, announced a new record (The Lego Movie in President Day weekend) in his report, but with actuals... the record wasn't a record.

i say bom is is low and corpse is lower. The 3d was over 40% .got to be a 75 toho x.

4.35 weekend not bad considering the first one did 5.7 in today's dollars w double the seats.

1.2m friday. More than 50% 3d. toho x = 80

5.55 total

Edited by mfantin65

Corpse is the go to source for Japanese box office, trust him over BOM.

I do trust Corpse. I was just asking if we used BOM's estimate, how much the 2-day OW would be, because Corpse's 2-day estimate and BOM's 3-day estimate cannot be compared directly, obviously. Although, in this TASM2 case, while I don't usually trust BOM's early reports, I feel that Corpse might be underestimating it a bit, based on the numbers we got and my own calculation. Of course, I could be wrong.

You are in right, but we should wait the officials to make serious reflections.

In past montys our friend Ray of BOM, according to estimates data, announced a new record (The Lego Movie in President Day weekend) in his report, but with actuals... the record wasn't a record.

Yes, but I wasn't making serious reflections or anything. I just wanted to get some kind of idea about TASM2 OW. That's the purpose of estimates, isn't it? They have margin of error, but they give us a quick info about something, without getting too far from the actual numbers. That's why there are estimates for box office, album sales, etc.

Edited by catlover

Im going with 29.01m for week 8. A record not to be broken for many many yearsMurgatroyd ...29.74Ray.................29.16mfantin..........29.01Henry I...........27.72pepsa. ...........27.25catlover..........26.62Olive...............26.55kingslayer. ....26.00Queen Elsa.....25.80Incredible.......25.52Chucky...........24.98Tong Kosong.24.42DamienRoc....24.601Quigquag.......23.40Rysu...............23.27rhfqkddl45.....23.00Predictions due by 1415 monday, before 109 reportsgo with 2 decimals. One winner only then.I'd like to see one crazy bastard go higher than me at least once! Ive been under more than I've been over. 2people, nice.7hours to post time. Anymore takers?Monday is going to be either toho 10/20k up 33% from last week w some people off, 14/28k like SB monday w 1/2 off or above 20/40k w a majority off. Not sure which. Place your bets for bragging rights and a cup chai!

Edited by mfantin65

I'd like to see one crazy bastard go higher than me at least once! Ive been under more than I've been over.

International love for a movie does not equal want of a sequel.Some.. sorry most.. things are best left as is. A sequel can tarnish the memory of a film.

This. Well said. :)

Box office.comFrozen earned $7.2 million from three remaining territories to reach a $743.6 million overseas totalThere is the million plus that's missing, weekend grossly underestimated.Subers didn't even mention frozen. His panties are all bunched up now. :pOmni, boxx, chucky, olive, firedeep, what about ur GW prediction?

Edited by mfantin65
  • Like 1

Box office.comFrozen earned $7.2 million from three remaining territories to reach a $743.6 million overseas totalThere is the million plus that's missing, weekend grossly underestimated.Subers didn't even mention frozen. His panties are all bunched up now. :POmni, boxx, chucky, olive, firedeep, what about ur GW prediction?

$7.2? Sheesh, where do they come up with their numbers? I've only started tracking Japanese boxoffice since Frozen and I come way closer than these "professionals". How can you be a million off at this stage of the game?

• Like 2

I don't see how these articles show that he's good at predicting. There are many grades below "B" (incl. Frozen at "F").

The article is trying to tell you that he has some semblance of honesty. I like these kind of articles. Which is why the Economist is the best magazine for me - they're honest when they make wrong predictions or report wrong facts.

International love for a movie does not equal want of a sequel.Some.. sorry most.. things are best left as is. A sequel can tarnish the memory of a film.

Disney must be terrified of making a bad Frozen sequel, and damaging the Frozen brand. At this point a Frozen sequel is more of a curiosity to me than a must.

It's not like Disney can't make a bunch of other successful original animated movies. I do hope they don't turning into sequel city like Pixar has become in recent years. :P

• Like 1