Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

TOHO tonight

last Sunday was 68963

However, three showtimes are missed this morning...

So, the accurate TOHO number today should at least be even with last Sunday or quite possibly surpass ~~

• Like 2

Upcoming week going to be fun. Everyone has Tue off. Other days vary in how many take off. Frozen getting seats back. Those TCX screens are selling out for dubbed and sing along.Monday: some getting a start on their vaca. Tohoshould be bigger than last. Perhaps between SB and a Saturday. Smallest day of week.$2-3.5m 28-56k tohoTuesday: national holiday. All are off. Between a sunday and a SB sunday.$4.4-5.4m 67-80kWednesday: likely more people take off than monday as week progresses. Ladies day.$3m-4.8m 50-80kThursday: May day. Any people still working take a personal day for this unofficial holiday. Also national discount day.$3m-4.6m 50-80kFriday: nearly all are off making it at least a 5 day weekend since not getting 10days off.$2.5-3.8m 40-60k Weekend: both days are holidays followed by a holiday. Should be at least like two sundays plus a bump.9m-11m 70-80k each day$26- 32m week. Will probably be the biggest 8th weekend/week for a decade or more.146-152m total. Then two more holiday to start the following week.

Edited by mfantin65
  • Like 1

Upcoming week going to be fun. Everyone has Tue off. Other days vary in how many take off. Frozen getting seats back. Those TCX screens are selling out for dubbed and sing along.Monday: some getting a start on their vaca. Tohoshould be bigger than last. Perhaps between SB and a Saturday. Smallest day of week.$2-3.5m 28-56k tohoTuesday: national holiday. All are off. Between a sunday and a SB sunday.$4.4-5.4m 67-80kWednesday: likely more people take off than monday as week progresses. Ladies day.$3m-4.8m 50-80kThursday: May day. Any people still working take a personal day for this unofficial holiday. Also national discount day.$3m-4.6m 50-80kFriday: nearly all are off making it at least a 5 day weekend since not getting 10days off.$2.5-3.8m 40-60kWeekend: both days are holidays followed by a holiday. Should be at least like two sundays plus a bump.9m-11m 70-80k each day$26- 32m week. Will probably be the biggest 8th weekend/week for a decade or more.146-152m total.Then two more holiday to start the following week.

Good news: surfing in toho site I have see some screen near to soldout in presale for tuesday.

If they have half a brain they give frozen the larger screens early in the day and give back to RB2 in the evening when its stronger. We'll see how they redistribute on Tues. Ill have write them if they fuck up. Time to email Subers again too. Thar panzy owes me an apology :)I remember 5 people on the page waiting for numbers. Over 35 this time

Edited by mfantin65

Weekend predictions: mfantin..............9.82. sellouts baby selloutsKingslayer.........9.3Boxx93...............9.3Omni..................9.1chuck.................9.0Spizzer...............9.0Ball Lightning....8.9edroger..............8.800.128Tong Kosong.....8.8DamieRoc..........8.675.309Queen Elsa........8.6Catlover.............8.6Incardine............8.5Rsyu...................8.3rhfqkddl45.........8.2eren Jaeger.......8.2Labas.................8.1Japan forum......8.0Olive. .................7.5Corpse...............7.0 said 6.5-7.5Mid 8m is going to win.I know I know, I over shot the bow. But the prediction of an increase was correct. Would you be happier if corpse was right :pI am looking more at the 16 days as a whole. This weekend was a seat issue. That'll be gone tues and not to return. Nothing major opening until end of June I assume.

Im going with 29.15m for week 8. Record not be broken for many many yearsmfantin..........29.15Henry I...........27.72pepsa. ...........27.25catlover..........26.62kingslayer. ....26.00Incredible.......25.52Tong Kosong.24.42DamienRoc....24.601Rysu...............23.27rhfqkddl45.....23.00Predictions due by 1415 monday, before 109 reportsgo with 2 decimals. One winner only then.I'd like to see one crazy bastards go higher than me at least once! Ive been under more than I've been over.

Edited by mfantin65

That's really interesting. Family movies in most cases decrease in Korea on sunday just like movies of any other genre. 

Also I'm pretty sure in Japan movies of all genres increase on sunday too not just family films

Social, cultural and economical differences may be the difference.

If I'm not mistaken, box office for most movies also increase on Sunday in India. Very interesting.

If they have half a brain they give frozen the larger screens early in the day and give back to RB2 in the evening when its stronger. We'll see how they redistribute on Tues. Ill have write them if they fuck up. Time to email Subers again too. Thar panzy owes me an apology :)

There are other factors beside expectation, especially on opening weekend. Maybe the fact that RB2 is distributed by Toho gives it some kind of privilege in number of screens & seats. But I'm pretty sure they will make new arrangements based on performance on the weekend. They want to maximize their profit anyway.

Im going with 29.15m for week 9. Record not be broken for many many yearsmfantin......29.15Predictions due by 1415 monday, before 109 reportsgo with 2 decimals. One winner only then.

Will the winner get some kind of prize? Cause I think my prediction for this weekend is gonna be close :P. Although it looks like Incardine will be the closest one.

Why? Maybe because they're not christian and as a result Sunday can be a typical day?

I wasn't implying anything to do with religion.  And that's not why movies decrease in NA on Sunday, it's because of work the next day.