Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

TA Tu-Fr lc885m,admits 614k

That's awesome for TA. It's 11.17-11.43M already before the weekend. :) :) :) Corpse, in your prediction you used 77.4 exchange rate for Dollar to Yen while Google has the rate at 79.26. Do you know what Disney will use for TA?

That's awesome for TA. It's 11.17-11.43M already before the weekend. :) :) :) Corpse, in your prediction you used 77.4 exchange rate for Dollar to Yen while Google has the rate at 79.26. Do you know what Disney will use for TA?

I just used the average 78.5 from this month. The yen recently rose this week (a 6 week high), and may rise a bit more after the weekend. Disney and other sources will most likely use the rate for this weekend (79.5).

Lets hope for 17-18 mill

Avengers is averaging 200m yen after the OD. So it should be at 1.25-1.3b after Sunday.With that opening, 3b+ finish is very likely, and even 3.5b possible.

US translations please

Averaging 2.5m so it should be around 16m after Sunday.Total might reach anywhere from 36 to 42m dollars possible.

Looks like 35M needed for 1.5B WW will happen. What are the chances it hits 55M needed for 900M OS? How is the WOM?

That 55M is pretty important to me as well. I don't care how much Japan loves robots, Transformers 3 (54M) should not be the higher grossing of the two!

Corpse, could better tell us about the WOM? If it can really push into the mid 50's since SM is the only SH to make in that neighborhood.

Looks like 35M needed for 1.5B WW will happen. What are the chances it hits 55M needed for 900M OS? How is the WOM?

:lol: now you're getting greedy. Although 900M would be a nice round OS number.

That 55M is pretty important to me as well. I don't care how much Japan loves robots, Transformers 3 (54M) should not be the higher grossing of the two!

It just seems like sequels do better there regardless and from what I've read, Japan has not been historically kind to SH movies. Be happy with what we've got. And now we have TA2 to look forward to. ;)But I'm in the cheering section :wave:

Expect possible 50m ish for the sequel if the exchange rate stays the same, but not this one. Unless WOM goes in beast mode.WOM is good though so if they do decide to go bigger in scale, TA2 will definitely increase IMO.Still, biggest nonSM SH movie is an amazing accomplishment (that goes to TDKR as well).

Edited by bballman24