Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

I haven't watched Kimetsu no Yaiba, but completely read the manga. It's an okay read but I never understood it's popularity. I also finished reading all available Jujutsu Kaizen and maybe because I have grown older, It has a little better story in comparison but that can change as story isn't finished. I don't like to watch Anime because of time constraints but do they completely change the story or Villains or ending in Anime that KnY became so popular?

The anime adaption has a really good animation and also resolves some pacing issues of the manga, apparently for Japanese kids and teenagers it's more than enough to become one of the most popular anime/manga ever 🤷🏻‍♂️

52 minutes ago, MG10 said:

The anime adaption has a really good animation and also resolves some pacing issues of the manga, apparently for Japanese kids and teenagers it's more than enough to become one of the most popular anime/manga ever 🤷🏻‍♂️

2nd Reason: Manga Sales doesn't get boost from its merchandise but from its anime adaptation.

1 hour ago, stephanos13 said:

Why would someone expect JJK 0 to beat Demon Slayer?

- JJK 0 is a prequel to the anime series

- Mugen Train started right off where DS Season 1 ended.

- Mugen Train is canon to the whole anime story arc.

It's was always an impossible record. But, that short time frame has bought a lot of hope. But, unfortunately it was lost 😔 and I don't see any possibility in future. BTW, DS itself become a joke after the movie was re-adapted in Season 2. I watched the film for 36 times, and now I think I could have watched more in TV 😅

6 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 has grossed a total of ¥2,466,890,210 in 3-days. Yes, now it is the second biggest 3-days Weekend in history.

New Target /Goal: ¥5,000,000,000 in 10-days (by 2022/01/02)

Note: It is a calculated value. So, might miss update from last min visitors.

If it can pull DS movie' leg, it will finish with ~¥20B-25B

6 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

If it can pull DS movie' leg, it will finish with ~¥20B-25B

If it's fracture legs can be improved with theatrical benefits, good marketing and also appealing audience then it can break ¥30B, or go above Spirited Away. Also, to note that it's running ahead of Your Name and Spirited Away at same time. Just need to stabilize it's legs with WOM and weekend drop to reach that massive ¥30B. Other than that it has a Chinese Release so let's try our best to break $500M WW. Oh, I forgot about the formats, it is yet to release on 4DX, MX4D &Dolby Cinemas. So, we will get jump in some weekend.

Jujutsu Kaisen Movie 0 WW Forecast

Japan : $200M

China : $120M-$200M+ (Currently, the second most watched Anime in Bilibili)

Korea : $15M-$25M

SAR : $15M+$20M

SEA : $5M

Oceania : $2M-$3M+

North America : $50M (if released or else limited release will add up to $2M)

LATAM : $30M+ (Strongest American Market for JJK)

UK+Ireland : $1M

France+Germany : $10M

Italy+Spain : $5M (max)

RoE : $5M

Russia + CIS : $5M (max)

ME+A : $10M

Note: Very Rough Estimation, so I would agree with all ± you all suggest.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 2

3 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Shinkai film are now getting ½ of previous film. May be his upcoming film break $100M or whatever I doubt what it could make in actual.

I wouldn't call that a pattern, Your Name was all time huge, Weathering With You just came back down to earth a bit. We'll see what the next one does. 

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Bleh opening weekend. I was promised insane numbers and this does what? $12M weekend. whatever.

Atleast better than initial forecast of ¥1.5B OW (3-days). Since, it's a prequel, it will drag more legs if benefits are maintained, also a great start before watching the anime series. Charlie, I can not promise a big numbers but two more films are likely looking to break DS records (keeping aside Miyazaki and Shinkai works) : It's Black Clover & Chainsaw Man (2023-24). So, DS record isn't intended to stay longer but it's just likely be a case of another Endgame-Avatar story.

2 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I wouldn't call that a pattern, Your Name was all time huge, Weathering With You just came back down to earth a bit. We'll see what the next one does. 

Problem is with GA. Fans like me would watch as much as can. But, without GA contribution, there isn't any figure good in keeping the seats and screens. Whatever it may be I would be looking forward for some improvement in next film, that not only in OW but in legs too.