• Community Manager

Yeah it's so annoying when the people in charge of the thing pick looks over talent, it might have worked like 10 years ago but now people would rather have good actors.

Well, I'm waiting to judge them. When Fringe premiered, I thought that Anna Torv was a terrible actress. Now I think she deserves an Emmy. Then again, this girl in Revolution looks like she's constipated when she was trying to show emotion.

So the pilot episode was good, though one thing bothered me: The fact that the woman Danny randomly meets just so happens to have the same dohickey the dead Dad had and can use it to turn on electricity for a computer.The fact that they revealed situational electricity use was fine, but the sheer improbability of Danny bumbling into her, her not being put on ice by Giancarlo Esposito, and her being part of the Secret Society of Electricians with said computer not discovered by the militia (wouldn't they have ransacked her house or something for daring to lie to the captain?) was pretty galling.

So the pilot episode was good, though one thing bothered me: The fact that the woman Danny randomly meets just so happens to have the same dohickey the dead Dad had and can use it to turn on electricity for a computer.The fact that they revealed situational electricity use was fine, but the sheer improbability of Danny bumbling into her, her not being put on ice by Giancarlo Esposito, and her being part of the Secret Society of Electricians with said computer not discovered by the militia (wouldn't they have ransacked her house or something for daring to lie to the captain?) was pretty galling.

It just felt like lazy, convenient writing to me. In fact, most of the pilot felt the same way. For the sake of this show's potential, they better step up the writing now (it's too late to recast the awful lead girl) or there's no way this makes it to season 2.

just watched it, and i have to agree the girl playing charlie is mehhh at best, the brother ughhh is he dumb? what else could explain drawing a bow against armed militia men? i cannot stand when teens are portrayed as lacking judgement and common sense to point he gets his father killed STUPID( your father tells you to stand down and you don't listen seriously pffff) plus he has asthma pffffreally reminded me of terra nova and i don't know if that's a good thing, i can only hope they'll learn from that show early demise!another thing annoying me the father give his usb to his friend why won't the friend mention this to the brother who single-handedly took on a militia wouldn't you trust him ,seeing as how monroe is looking for both him and his brother(now dead) and who else rolled their eyes at the conflicted potential boyfriend who turns them in but still wants to be her hero? (sorry i join the militia first but now i've met you i just don't know anymore dilemma dilemma??!!)i'll watch but not getting involved or attached don't trust networks anymore and yeah this has on the bubble status already...but i love billy burke and i still don't understand how all the lights went out a virus or EMP device?and if the father had some inkling this might happen why not stock up on water and other goods beforehand, it was so ridiculous when he told his wife full up the sink and tubfirst impression so far: not impressed but will givie it a few episodes to gain my interest....ok and if someone was able to create /discover electricity once ,what exactly is stopping them from doing it again, i need opinion of an electrician or engineer who understands what i'm trying to convey...

• Community Manager

ok and if someone was able to create /discover electricity once ,what exactly is stopping them from doing it again, i need opinion of an electrician or engineer who understands what i'm trying to convey...

From what I understand, electricity simply stopped working as in there's no more electricity to be discovered.

imdb is having a field day with this show...they're like happy piranhas on easy prey ! we'll see next week how it goessometimes suspending one's belief is hard work when you're not sold on the premise...funny enough zombies which are even more hypothetical of an occurence i have no problem getting how the world would go to hell in no time

I have that problem as well. I love these kind of mythology shows. I find it much easier to suspend my disbelief when it's something mystical or alien. When the main premise is something science based and they start getting it all wrong it really starts to bug me. This whole "no more electricity" thing isn't entirely working for me yet. But we'll see. Maybe the writers have some kind of WTF angle that will blow our minds. I just hope we don't get to the end of the first season and find out it's something very lame.

Edited by DeeCee

• Community Manager

Pilot was better than last night's episode. It was not as exciting. Next week should be better though.

Hmmm? I think quite the opposite: this episode was a marked improvement over the mess that was the pilot.I do think that the female lead and the actor portraying the brother are taking acting lessons since they also improved their performances to a level where it's no longer distracting.

funny its the sister charlie i can't stand , this second episode was ok but gah that girl is a walking contradiction make up your mind already at times she acts like she has no clue what's been going on for past 15 yrs, i literally clapped when her uncle snapped that dude's neck the second time he had chance to kill him pfff for a sec i thought she was going to get him kill just like the brother got the dad killed pffffffffffffffffffffffffffflashbacks were a drag, i'm suppose to believe the father couldnt take on one on one the guy trying to steel the kiddy stroller of foods and why would someone with a usb attack another usb carrier ???? how many factions are there and if there are so many usb around it makes the object lose its mystery, clearly the free masons are behind this and are living in an underground fortress with electricity galore