2 episodes in and the last 5 minutes of each one end in surprise revelations. It's almost like the first 40 or so minutes are just filler until then.Btw, it's just electricity right? What about steam engines using coal or wood? Older cars with no cpus on board can still run on gas right?

2 episodes in and the last 5 minutes of each one end in surprise revelations. It's almost like the first 40 or so minutes are just filler until then.Btw, it's just electricity right? What about steam engines using coal or wood? Older cars with no cpus on board can still run on gas right?

Yeah I'd imagine that those things would work since nothing so far would indicate otherwise. Anything involving steam engines, early internal combustion engines, etc shouldn't be affected.Because then we could have an awesome old-school train robbery sequence.

Good Episode 3. I like them setting up backstory for Miles and his association with the militia since it makes sense for him to have been there at the beginning. I also like that they're setting up Jacob from Lost as a recurring antagonist/flashback presence.The girl playing Charlie is improving her acting, but I'm not sure I buy her becoming all gung-ho aggressive and violent in a fight so quickly.

that girl is giving me whiplash , i feel like screaming MAKE UP YOUR FRAKKING MIND ALREADY sheesh pffffits like they make her say or do what they think is necessary to make the plot advance or create uneccesary rift with her uncle even though it seems illogical ,kill he ralready , her brother on the other hand apart from his stupid move in pilot that got his dad kill has been steadily improving !there comes a time in an actor life where he achieves cult status and is known by his character's name HEY JACOB nice surprise seeing you pop up in this post-apocalyptic world !OT: i love seeing joffrey get slapped :rofl:

this week's revolution had me rolling my eyes at the newest SAY WHAT??!!!!! there's no boats crossing the atlantic :rolleyes::wtf::rotfl::rofl: :rofl:i swear i just saw the pilgrims on the mayflower facepalmedchristopher columbus facepalmedheck even tom hanks character in "castaway" facepalmedhistory just facepalmedi just cannot wrapped my head around this post no electrical world revolution is set in i get that all hell broke loose, i get there was famine , violence etc etc but 15 yrs later i'm suppose to believe all spirit of enterprise that mankind and smore specifically americans are known for has suddenly been erased from their DNA by magic ,none of them ever watch those TLC shows or history shows showing you how things are made, nobody knows how to construct a makeshift boat with a sail even on LOST they figured out how to do one (ok they didnt get far but that wasnt their fault but the others) that in 15 yrs they couldnt figure it outwhatever.....personally i'm glad for that actress she's not on this show anymore and can pursue something more credible!i'm only watching for actor playing the uncle whom i call charlie (because thats his name in twilight sheriff charlie swan) now his story is super interesting, i wonder why he suddenly grew a conscience and left his militia cause it seems monroe was the front man !

It's not that farfetched that in the 15 years since the Blackout the vast majority of sailing ships were destroyed in various ways.It's not easy to build a sailing vessel that can withstand a trans-Atlantic voyage, especially since most shipwrights would either be dead or without the materials needed.So it's not impossible to believe that she never came across someone with a functioning boat, and those would have such boats would keep them quiet since the show implied that various militias were confiscating or destroying any seaworthy vessels.

• Community Manager

I think the guy made it very clear that ships have been destroyed by wars. Plus we saw in the pilot them building ships-which implies that they were finally beginning the shipping business. This makes sense since when you're busy rebuilding an agricultural society and creating order, shipbuilding isn't going to be high on the priority list until you have enough food growing.

sure sure.... :rolleyes:-_- ....someone on imdb wondered why when electricity went out didnt she try for a boat to russia seeing she was in seattle instead she trekked cross country ughh okanyway i don't think i'll last very long watching this show , i cannot stand that charlie chick, i like miles and his backstory is the only thing worth my time , not even elizabeth mitchell character is doing anything for me right now...this post world just makes me admire even more our ancestors black and white and indians how ever where they able to survive millenias without just watching their thumbs , and this in a time where wars , plagues etc were very commonmaybe i shouldnt ask myself any questions!!! i'm more ready to believe she gave up hope than that there aren't any boat anywherebut all in all its more my fault for expecting a quality post-apocalyptic world on nbc...i guess we'll see where they're going with this <_<think i'll go watch homeland 2 new episodes , a quality show with real drama instead of fake teen angst pfff(that dig is for you charlieeee :P )

Edited by ladyevenstar22

Well if you think that people would immediately be able to rebuild society after it completely and utterly collapses, then I think the problem is definably with you and not the show.

i suppose if i start with premise that i believe men have more resilience/initiative/creativity and will to survive than this show seems to think than yeah i guess the problem is with me or just maybe maybe the writers are doing a poor job of convincing me of their logic /and painting a comprehensive outlook of the world they created but its cool its not like i'm loosing sleep over this or i think about it all day either .like i said i'm willing to see where they're going with this but i won't hold my breath ....