someone on imdb wondered why when electricity went out didnt she try for a boat to russia seeing she was in seattle instead she trekked cross country ughh ok

Because trekking across Siberia with barely any supplies and no power is a surefire way to get yourself killed. Plus she would have most likely have had to try to walk to Alaska to find any boat with a decent range. I doubt anyone in the Pacific Northwest could scrounge up a decent boat in the chaos to go all the way across an even bigger ocean than the Atlantic, and if they could I bet they had better things to do with it instead of taking a single Englishwoman all the way to Russia.Plus walking to Alaska then across Russia/Western Europe is a hell of a lot farther than walking to the Atlantic Ocean.Adopting dumb comments on imdb is not the way to make a point.

• Community Manager

Don't forget Numbers that the Pacific Northwest would have the American drive, which means that with no communications and very little ways to effectively transport anything, they would be able to easily re-establish the lumber industry and then easily establish a ship building industry followed by finding a shipping crew despite the fact that they're running out of food, have very little money since most of it probably disappeared, and are probably having other kinds of shortages because the first thing Americans do when society collapses is re-establish international trade rather than start farming...to eat.

Because trekking across Siberia with barely any supplies and no power is a surefire way to get yourself killed. Plus she would have most likely have had to try to walk to Alaska to find any boat with a decent range. I doubt anyone in the Pacific Northwest could scrounge up a decent boat in the chaos to go all the way across an even bigger ocean than the Atlantic, and if they could I bet they had better things to do with it instead of taking a single Englishwoman all the way to Russia.Plus walking to Alaska then across Russia/Western Europe is a hell of a lot farther than walking to the Atlantic Ocean.Adopting dumb comments on imdb is not the way to make a point.

hey i resent your last comment i never said i adopted their comment , all i did was bring up a point "someone" on imdb raised and believe me on that same thread many people gave reasons pro and cons as to why she didnt and whether it was feasible or not !i wanted to see what you guys thought of that , no need to be using words like d*** (not cool)the character made decisions that lead her to the east coast and then to give up on getting back home ,that doesnt mean we can't discuss why she didnt make other decisions that might have help,who knows...

ugh this show is not bringing anything positive in my life entertainment wise! think i'll just watch , if i watch and be done questioning anything and go play in my imaginary garden where i'm good at farming unlike real life :(my suspension of belief clearly has a glitch where this show is concerned , anyhoo carry on... tis only fiction i guess

I'm actually liking this show, but the rescue the brother storyline has played itself out. When they focus on something else it's pretty good, but every time they go back to the rescue the show gets bogged down.The acting has improved a bit from the pilot, the sister was absolutely terrible in that episode but she was much better this week, but the brother is still terrible, I wouldn't mind seeing him killed off to move things past the rescue and give a new motive to the main characters.The next couple of episodes will be the make or break ones for this series.

• Community Manager

Overall, pretty good episode tonight. But once again, 40 minutes of going through the motions of trying to rescue Danny and the last 5 minutes dropping twist after twist.

What twist after twist? There was only one legitimate twist in those last five minutes.

I'm actually liking this show, but the rescue the brother storyline has played itself out. When they focus on something else it's pretty good, but every time they go back to the rescue the show gets bogged down.

I have to agree, the kidnapped brother story has gotten old. I was hoping he'd be rescued or killed. More killed than anything. That scene where he got beat up by Neville made me so happy.

I have to agree, the kidnapped brother story has gotten old. I was hoping he'd be rescued or killed. More killed than anything. That scene where he got beat up by Neville made me so happy.

You are so evil lol. I thought he deserved it as well though. Any sane person would have left him there, I mean he kidnapped you for God's sake! You don't go rescuing him......

much ado about nothing this episode bomb didnt blow the train and brother didnt get rescued and lady gets stabbed by her accomplice lolon the plus side loved giancarlos flashbackit took me all week to watch this , not a good sign....well at least kid is in town, and it shouldnt take more than 2 episodes before they all reunite , you'd think!

• Like 1

So they finally put the "rescue the brother" storyline on the back burner and the show is getting quite interesting. I'll even say the actress playing the sister has improved to adequate. Without getting into spoilers I have to say I like where the show is going now, the final shot of tonight's episode was quite intriguing.

Last episode was boring until the last few minutes, as usual. The girl is probably the worst actress I have ever seen headlining a high rated show. I mean seriously, did they not test her before?

I kinda agree, but more importantly she/her character isn't that likeable. It's hard to watch a show where you don't care for the main character.