• Community Manager

Have they done this in past seasons or is this a new thing? On one hand I'm excited to watch the shows that I'm anticipating early and on the other hand it means waiting longer for the second episode :P

From my memory, which is faulty (I might be mixing up the 2008-2009 season and 2007-2008 season and it might be a different show that I'm thinking about):2007-2008 Season: Chuck and a few other shows were released online before release. Only Chuck made it to a second season.2008-2009 Season: Not a single show released online before release2009-2010 Season: Not a single show released online before release2010-2011 Season: Not a single show released online before release2011-2012 Season: New Girl was released online before release. It became a huge hit.2012-2013 Season: It's now a trend!

I just saw the Pilot.

It reminded me a lot of Terra Nova, a show with great potential with a really interesting setting that kind of came in below expectations. Maybe it's because I've been watching a lot of cable shows this Summer, but I feel like they kind of dumbed down and toned down everything to try to appeal to a broader audience. The action sequences were okay but you could tell they didn't want to show too much to avoid offending anyone, and everything just feels too... unsubtle. Like how many times do we need to see that pendanty usb thing, we get it, it's important.

There are some great actors on this show like Billy Burke and Giancarlo Esposito but i feel that it's kind of balanced off with the cringe-worthy acting of the two main kids (the sister and brother). This leads me to another thing, the casting definitely went for looks more than acting ability. Everybody on this show is too attractive and it makes it seem too unrealistic for a post-apocalyptic world where nobody in their right mind would be spending their time in tanning booths, putting on make-up, or hitting the gym. The lead girl is mega hot, but it's also kind of distracting and she's not a very good actor.

One thing that I did like about this show is that even if it did look kind of cheap a times, the CGI and cinematography was pretty beautiful in this show. Seeing the Earth in ruins after electricity is taken away is kind of fascinating.

Overall I feel that Revolution is trying too hard to be an everyman show, and this results in pretty generic characters and plot points, but there is enough potential in this premise for a very entertaining and successful show so I'm hoping for continued improvement.

Overall I feel that Revolution is trying too hard to be an everyman show, and this results in pretty generic characters and plot points, but there is enough potential in this premise for a very entertaining and successful show so I'm hoping for continued improvement.

Agreed. It's got potential but the question is, will it act on it?

• Community Manager

Like how many times do we need to see that pendanty usb thing, we get it, it's important.

It's very rare to find a subtle pilot, since a pilot's entire purpose is setting up things.

Anyways:

-The action does look a bit subdued, but considering that this is broadcast TV and they want families to watch this, I can live with this. Not everything has to be "The Walking Dead"

-The series does start with generic archetypes, but future episodes should flesh them out.

-I don't like the main actress or the actor portraying the brother. Here's hoping they get better.

Everybody on this show is too attractive and it makes it seem too unrealistic for a post-apocalyptic world where nobody in their right mind would be spending their time in tanning booths, putting on make-up, or hitting the gym.

Everyone on TV is attractive unless there's a plot reason for them to be ugly. At least it's not as bad as the CW.

It's very rare to find a subtle pilot, since a pilot's entire purpose is setting up things.Anyways:-The action does look a bit subdued, but considering that this is broadcast TV and they want families to watch this, I can live with this. Not everything has to be "The Walking Dead"-The series does start with generic archetypes, but future episodes should flesh them out.-I don't like the main actress or the actor portraying the brother. Here's hoping they get better.Everyone on TV is attractive unless there's a plot reason for them to be ugly. At least it's not as bad as the CW.

I like the black guy who 'hunts" the 2 brothers. Edited by Fullbuster

It's very rare to find a subtle pilot, since a pilot's entire purpose is setting up things.Anyways:-The action does look a bit subdued, but considering that this is broadcast TV and they want families to watch this, I can live with this. Not everything has to be "The Walking Dead"-The series does start with generic archetypes, but future episodes should flesh them out.-I don't like the main actress or the actor portraying the brother. Here's hoping they get better.Everyone on TV is attractive unless there's a plot reason for them to be ugly. At least it's not as bad as the CW.

Yeah it's so annoying when the people in charge of the thing pick looks over talent, it might have worked like 10 years ago but now people would rather have good actors.