hasanahmad

Tuesday Actuals Box Office 05/16/2012 Avengers 8.5 (389M) DS 2.6 (35M)

I remember Pirates 4 being the first film where people were discussing how higher 3D prices negatively impacted the OW gross (a discussion that really gained momentum when Kung Fu Panda 2 disappointed, big time), so it was certainly a domestic disappointment.

• Like 1

Thanks baumer. Memorial weekend I dont see 40m. Im new to this, but the model I've put together looks like about 30m. Time will tell I guess.

I'm in the middle. 35.5m 3 day/45.2m 4 day. But it's passing 520m that weekend and I can't see anything less than 570m from there.
  • Like 1

I'm fine with it passing Titanic's first run, but not it's second. :)

I'm fine with THE AVENGERS smashing the first run and sinking the second. :P

Who thought OST was disappointing? It's a billion dollar film.

Next to the original trilogy, OST disappointed the hell out of me, and I'm partial for the Pirates movies as you all can see. I see the original trilogy as one of the best trilogies ever, next to SW OG and the INDY first three movies. Yeah, I know that some people don't like the 2nd and 3rd movie, but I think their are underrated as hell. I could see the original trilogy effortlessly, but I find myself bored by OST. Maybe it's my Keira Knightley's abstinence, but I think it's a combination of that, a really good script and most of all, Gore Verbinski. He was the heart of those movies. I wish that if they ever do another Pirates, they'll pay Gore whatever he wants for him to comeback.

Still Behind? It's only been out in the U.S. two weeks, lol. It is in the beginning of its run. Give Avengers time to adjust itself. OST didn't make that money over night.

Yeah, it will become the 4th highest grossing movie by sunday. Patience, young padawan. Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 1

I'm fine with THE AVENGERS smashing the first run and simking the second. :PNext to the original trilogy, OST disappointed the hell out of me, and I'm partial for the Pirates movies as you all can see. I see the original trilogy as one of the best trilogies ever, next to SW OG and the INDY first three movies. Yeah, I know that some people don't like the 2nd and 3rd movie, but I think their are underrated as hell. I could see the original trilogy effortlessly, but I find myself bored by OST. Maybe it's my Keira Knightley's abstinence, but I think it's a combination of that, a really good script and most of all, Gore Verbinski. He was the heart of those movies. I wish that if they ever do another Pirates, they'll pay Gore whatever he wants for him to comeback.Yeah, it will become the 4th highest grossing movie by sunday. Patience, young padawan.

You need to tell that to the other guy, lol.

Yea. Domestically it definitely disappointed. Overseas saved it. (Although, even overseas ticket sales weren't that impressive.)

Money is money. The world film market has expanded. NA is just one market. I'm sure they didn't spend 350 mill on OST in the hopes it would just do well in NA. A billion dollars is a billion dollars. I don't see how it's disappointing at all.

But, it made a ton of money. That's all Disney cares about in the end.

I'd say it was disappointing here in NA but it did great OS.

I'm in the middle. 35.5m 3 day/45.2m 4 day. But it's passing 520m that weekend and I can't see anything less than 570m from there.

You're not in the middle. I have it doing 35 for the 3 day also....the 40 mill MINIMUM was for the 4 day.

Remember the memorial day is a 4-day and don't automatically assume it will drop 30-40%.Spider Man 3 had the worst drop of over 37% but against a huge 4-day opening of PIrates 4.Thor fell only 22% last year against the massive Hangover opening.As I think MIB3 will not take the family audience and the good Wom.The TA will fall around 20-25% from the 3rd weekend for the 4-day Memorial day weekend.Meaning a 55 million 3rd weekend will mean around 41-44 Memorial day.Its almost certain to pass 500 million by the end of that weekend.

• Like 2

Why it would be that high ^^^Spider Man 3 fell 37% against a massive 4-day opening.Look at the drops, they have been always quite low...Against huge openings both Thor and Iron Man held well. Even IM2...

:wub: :wub: :wub:

We know #3 is happening WW. Question is, can #2 or higher happen dom and #3 OS?

I'll like to see it just to watch some people getting their panties in a bunch, get some panties wet and give myself a boner.

Then I'll have a cigar and shawarma to celebrate. And a glass of rum for every billion this movie makes.

Posted Image

Edited by iJackSparrow

Decided to post here because didn't want to enter spoiler havens in the main threads but Prometheus budget now at $120-130m not $250m so it kind of proves that you can't just trust every ridiculous number thrown this way. The Total Recall budget is the other one currently insanely high and completely unbelievable.Who know if MIB3 is really as high as well?Anyone remember the slandering of Andrew Stanton/John Carter? Don't trust everything you read.