hasanahmad

Tuesday Actuals Box Office 05/16/2012 Avengers 8.5 (389M) DS 2.6 (35M)

26% drop, I am not seeing that. Probably closer to 22% or around 6.6M

I'm just going with Thor's 25.5% decrease.

6.17m Wednesday (-24.8%)6.13m Thursday (-0.6%)16.2m Friday (164%)25.1m Saturday (55%)18.6m Sunday (-25%)59.9m weekend. So yeah, basically 60m.

We got to the same conclusion with our predictions. Nice.

Fantastic....It'll be close to 1.15 bill by the end of the weekend? Is that even possible?

Actually, the WW gross should be higher than that by the end of the weekend. 1.036B presently + 30M total for 2 more weekdays + 55-60M domestically next weekend = 1.12 without any OS weekend added in. It could be closer to 1.2B after the weekend than 1.15.Final projected WW gross somewhere between 1.5 and 1.7B :o

skykisser, what are all those numbers on the left side of your graph? 10000000-80000000 they don't seem to mean anything? I'm not sure what your graphs are supposed to show.

just shows what the total gross could end up being100000000=100M800000000=800M Edited by skykisser

I want minimum $1 billion OS to happen for TA.

I actually think your wish will come true. :lol:The OS market besides Germany is in love with the movie, you don't really know how fucking insane things are here in Brazil right now. It's selling more tickets than all the other movies combined, and that is including Battleship. We're going to the 4th weekend and there's simply no signs of this thing slowing down. I don't know about the DOM box office, but here in Brazil I don't think MIB and Snow White have a chance against it. I can see it Madagascar changing this though. PS: Look for slash treats we've prepped for you on the Avengers discussion thread, hahaha

Do you think that's realistic?

This is Rudolf's prediction for TA's run:

so OS $11.7m, again over DOM$8.5m

last 7 days 146.4 after 253.6 the 7 days before, it is dropping 42%, with that rate it would finish 847 in OS minus Japan

I think this is a very conservative, if not pessimistic view of the OS run. Even in this scenario, it ends with $847m. I believe TA has better legs, and I quite honestly see this getting better drops through all June OS. I'd say that the possibility of getting very close to $1B OS is good, with the Japan BO being the deal breaker.