MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

There's a simple explanation for any movie being low-balled: People want to be safe.

No doubt but when Variety said with a 29M Friday TA will have hard time breaking the 2nd weekend record, they look clueless. They lost credibility in my book.

• Founder / Operator

I believe this to. She will give her opinion occasionally like "Not a record" title but numbers come from her sources.

Even that's not her opinion either. Her sources told her it wasn't a record, so she reported it.Its an absolutely hilarious tagline that this forum will always remember, but, it wasn't her opinion. She was misinformed.

• Founder / Operator

but a good predictor has to be too high half the time

Predicting high that much reflects much more poorly than predicting low. That's a major reason that publications frequently try to low-ball films' performances. They lose their credibility when they overshoot on a consistent basis.

• Founder / Operator

Avengers will hit at least $56-57m, IMO. Wouldn't rule out a huge increase today (over 60%). Sub-$55m would be just a tad bit disappointing considering its run up until this point, but, still nothing to knock. Audiences are probably saving their money for next weekend.

• Founder / Operator

To be fair, if it had followed Iron Man (or Spidey 1), it would be heading toward at least $60m. Still could, but, I guess it had to start losing pace with them eventually.

Predicting high that much reflects much more poorly than predicting low. That's a major reason that publications frequently try to low-ball films' performances. They lose their credibility when they overshoot on a consistent basis.

but bo.com long range forecasts are mostly overpredicted. and i'm surprised cos you used to be more conservative

If it follows the third weekend IM of Iron Man (which is closest to TA in WOM and numbers), it'll make $56.3m (45.4% drop)If it follows IM2: $53.5mWolverine: $53.9mThor: $54.4mSpider-Man 3: $55.7m

People keep saying i'm lowballing this even though its daily numbers are right about what i predicted, i even said 55mil for this weekend and people said i was lowballing it.

• Founder / Operator

but bo.com long range forecasts are mostly overpredicted. and i'm surprised cos you used to be more conservative

The numbers in those reports are an average across the staff, not my individual numbers. I'm only one voice.My personal predictions are always on BOT. ;) Edited by ShawnMR

The numbers in those reports are an average across the staff, not my individual numbers. I'm only one voice.My personal predictions are always on BOT. ;)

ah i see. :huglove: Edited by ShawnMR

People keep saying i'm lowballing this even though its daily numbers are right about what i predicted, i even said 55mil for this weekend and people said i was lowballing it.

You said 570M total. I can't see TA missing 600M.
  • Like 1