MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Actuals page 66 TA: 55.6m BS: 25.5m ; SW EP1 $293!

People keep saying i'm lowballing this even though its daily numbers are right about what i predicted, i even said 55mil for this weekend and people said i was lowballing it.

I also predicted $55.4m and think it's a perfectly fine number... wouldn't have been shocked if it had gone for $60m+ (after the last two weeks, nothing box-office related will be able shock me for some time), but never thought it was likely. What really matters at this point is that it will almost certainly pass $600m, and this weekend's number won't do anything to prevent it, I believe.

Yes i did, does that mean i'm not allowed to use my daily and weekend numbers as well?.

In the words of Jack White, well you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too.Point being you can't say you're not low balling it when you repeatly do. I still say this is hitting $60m this weekend, and even if it miss the mark, I still see surpassing $600m DOM without much of an effort. There's nothing wrong with you low balling it, but don't act as you don't do it. Edited by iJackSparrow

How is it doing that? Increasing 70% on Saturday?

We don't have Friday's actuals yet, I don't believe it didn't make as much as $16m, what would place in a position of making to the $60m. TA is essentially a weekend family movie. It should get a pretty good saturday and a softer drop on Sunday. Edited by iJackSparrow

In the words of Jack White, well you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too.Point being you can't say you're not low balling it when you repeatly do. I still say this is hitting $60m this weekend, and even if it miss the mark, I still see surpassing $600m DOM without much of an effort. There's nothing wrong with you low balling it, but don't act as you don't do it.

I How do i repeatidly lowball it?, i have said i will stick with my orig prediction of 570mil even though i can see that its going to be closer to 600mil now. I'm not talking about the total gross, i'm talking about its daily and weekend numbers which some people have said i have lowballed them yet they have been pretty much spot on when the daily and weekend numbers are released (exampe li said a 15mil Friday and a 55mil total for this weekend, people said it was low but its going to be around that number).So don't comment on something Jack that you nothing about, you're just making yourself look like an obsessed fanboy but we know that anyway.

Yes i did, does that mean i'm not allowed to use my daily and weekend numbers as well?.

You can post what ever you want but when you said I am sticking with 570M in the other thread, it made no sense. TA will be around 520M after the Memorial day weekend and for it to only make 50M afterwards will be shocking.

It always strikes me as a last resort kind of reason though, surely it can't apply to every depressed weekend.

Sometimes the movies really are unappealing, but if there's a movie you're absolutely sure you're going to see next week, I think you'll feel more compelled to skip out on the current week's releases than you normally would.

I How do i repeatidly lowball it?, i have said i will stick with my orig prediction of 570mil even though i can see that its going to be closer to 600mil now. I'm not talking about the total gross, i'm talking about its daily and weekend numbers which some people have said i have lowballed them yet they have been pretty much spot on when the daily and weekend numbers are released (exampe li said a 15mil Friday and a 55mil total for this weekend, people said it was low but its going to be around that number).So don't comment on something Jack that you nothing about, you're just making yourself look like an obsessed fanboy but we know that anyway.

Don't celebrate yet, as you know, we still don't have the actuals. You are an obsessed Avatar fan that it's extremely annoying lowballing this movie and constantly attacking me without a single reason. It's quite easy to "predict" something with a range of "570-600" and say you're not lowballing it. You keep calling me obsessed and if experience serves me right, you are the one acting obsessed, not only with me, but witht Avatar and being a really annoying fanboy. So I'll comment because you are clueless as me at this subject, you are the one saying "I'm righht" with estimates, anyway.