hasanahmad

Tuesday box office estimates 5/23/2012 Avengers 4.8 BS 2.2 Dictator 2.1

Even if there was little sellouts, the showings could have been pretty full - we can only guess. But this weekend it going to lose up to 50% of its 3D showings in some theaters, meaning 3D share is bound to drop.

So let me get your logic straight. TA just came off a 55 million dollar weekend and with a holiday weekend coming up, it will lose 50% of it's 3D screens? How does that make sense?Also, for a movie as big as TA, even if it were to lose screens, it just means that people will see it on the screens available. Do you know how many films make 35 mill in their 4th weekend? That would be one. It's not going to lose a lot of screens at all. A drop this weekend to 35 mill is pertty much where it will land. I don't understand where your analysis is coming from.

I think in admissions TA is doing much better then people give it credit for.

In terms of BO gross 3rd weekend drop was very similar to 2nd weekend drop excluding midnights.Now, if we assume that 3D share went down significantly after OW, that would mean 3rd weekend drop was actually bigger than the 2nd weekend drop in terms of admissions. :wiggle:

Hey, I didnt PM him and then trolled the board with his numbers withheld and then ending up getting it all blowing in the face.Neither did I have a beer like baumber :P

I'm not sure what this means.

So let me get your logic straight. TA just came off a 55 million dollar weekend and with a holiday weekend coming up, it will lose 50% of it's 3D screens? How does that make sense?

MIB is widely expected to make more money this weekend. That's why it's going to get many of TA's screens. Currently, TA has all of 3D screens for itself.

The second part was in reference to you, didnt Rth get a bit annoyed when you had a few beers?The first part was in reference to a troll, not you.

I wasn't drunk when i made that comment about RTH's numbers. And no he wasn't annoyed.

I just see one troll here. One that keeps trying to start shit with each and every post, but oh well. :)

You guys are going to be really sad if RTH stops posting.I appreciate his updates. Good work.

Rth won't stop posting because a fucking idiot tries to start shit. He knows how we appreciate his posts and he taking his time for update us. This artist guy has been trying to cause havoc since day 1 here.

Ok, I thought it was a running joke when it was brought up by AA.

AA was kidding, but I can see why some thought he was serious. lol

I hope so. 5M is a lot different from 4.75M, just go through Monday's thread and read the reactions there.I guess I got carried away from that thread and Rth's accuracy in the past.

See, it was almost 5 :)

In terms of BO gross 3rd weekend drop was very similar to 2nd weekend drop excluding midnights.Now, if we assume that 3D share went down significantly after OW, that would mean 3rd weekend drop was actually bigger than the 2nd weekend drop in terms of admissions. :wiggle:

Actually the opposite. If the 3D share dropped and the overall gross percentage drop was steady, that means attendance actually increased (in relative percentage) to offset the lost 3D revenue.If we look at 3D share for first weekend, second weekend and third weekend what I suspect we'll see is that TA's actual attendance is holding better than the final numbers indicate. In other words, the drop is in part due to a shift from 3D to 2D (and I also personally believe the number of children tickets purchases has increased, but there's no way to track that).

MIB is widely expected to make more money this weekend. That's why it's going to get many of TA's screens. Currently, TA has all of 3D screens for itself.

This only holds if all 3D screens are in use. Since TA has been the only 3D movie, the screens have been largely under utilized. So your conclusion is incorrect. Edited by doublejack