Biggestgeekever

4 day Actuals pg 62+; MIB3 69.25m TA 47.22m

As much as I would like to see Marvel/Disney getting their hands on Spidey I still think their focus, strategically, should be on FF. Characters like Doctor Doom and Galactus may have started in FF, but they really have become Marvel's universal villains, having as much relevance in TA as FF. Also, if the focus is going to be on Thanos in the future, it would be somewhat disappointing not to have Silver Surfer (and even Galactus as a cameo) in the picture. And if TA's storylines were to ever focus on the Skrulls, it would be disappointing not to have their boss character like the Super Skrull simply because of rights issues. FF's acquisition would simply expand Marvel's cinematic universe so much more than Spidey imo. A case can also be made for X-Men, but that property hasn't been as much of a let down for Fox as FF. And FF, I assume, would be a far more cheaper purchase.

• Like 2

Dissapointed it won't top 70m 4 day.

I guess, but as soon as I saw that the studio predicted a VERY soft 16% drop for Monday - in order to get $70M - I knew the real numbers would be lower. Studios estimated about a 23% Monday drop for all the other films in the Top 5, and I imagine that will be true for MIB3 too. The $70M number was just a nice number to have reported in the press - far better than $68M+ (although $69M could have been slightly humorous).

Avengers is a movie for children, whether you admit it or not.

Sure, children will enjoy it. However, a good movie knows how to expand on that audience. This is why many cartoons - like "Toy Story" - are also beloved by adults. The movie may be meant for children, but it's entertaining for adults. And with these types of grosses, it's clear that adults are seeing this movie in droves, along with repeated viewings by kids.If any movie is REALLY meant for kids this past weekend, I'd say it was MIB3. The silly humor of Smith always appeals to kids (I never found him that funny). Edited by doctoru2

Avengers is a massive worldwide record setting, four quadrant success, whether you want to admit or not.

The big question now is how high The Avengers can go—it will obviously hit $400 million, and with exceptional word-of-mouth (rare "A+" CinemaScore) the movie could even be in line for a $500 million total.

The audience was split evenly between those above and below 25 years-of-age, and it was 60 percent male.

With the disappointing opening for MIB and TA holding pretty strong, what are the odds that within a couple of weeks TA overtakes MIB?

With a 51% drop for MIB 3 and a 35% drop for The Avengers....it could happen this Saturday.

OMG. Don't get me started. I know he was a huge Stallone fan, but he was so obviously trolling Ray over every little discrepancy he could find. I never bought the idea that he was so OCD that he cared about a few dollars here and a few dollars there. Then there was the Rocky II thing....

Posted Image

Speaking of which, shouldn't Algren's ban expire by now? It says in the suggestion board that he's only banned for six months.