Impact

Behind the Camera

I think we should get back to the roots of this game. The plots become longer and longer, this is maybe why people can´t get that much afford into this. Often only long-written films do big numbers here. I think Wikipedia-esque plots would be enough. So people can write more films and we can go on faster with the years. I also get tired of writing long plots like the first SpellForce in Y1. Just as a suggestion. I´ll only write plots with max ~ 1000 words from now on.

I agree with you. I know in the previous CAYOM I was the biggest culprit of long plots; even my fillers ended up long sometimes. That's what drained my the most, and it made the years drag on. Plus reading all the long films was tedious.so hoping the game stays alive, when I come back my plots will be substantially shorter. I just don't have the time to write huge films anymore, and because all mine were deleted, none will be copy-and-paste from the old CAYOM.

I think we should get back to the roots of this game. The plots become longer and longer, this is maybe why people can´t get that much afford into this. Often only long-written films do big numbers here.I think Wikipedia-esque plots would be enough. So people can write more films and we can go on faster with the years. I also get tired of writing long plots like the first SpellForce in Y1.Just as a suggestion. I´ll only write plots with max ~ 1000 words from now on.

I agree. I actually hate to write sequels because the plots get so long

I think we should just skip the Oscars.... it seems that nobody (including me) is interested in Y2 anymore. I´m really anticipating Y3 right now, since I´ve made my decision in writing only shorter plots (also for sequels). I think if everybody write only shorter plots the game moves on faster and become more fun again. I´m currently thinking of about 6-8 films for Y3 for example with plots between 400-1300 words. Not more...

Just had a great idea for a CAYOM movie I'm going to do when school let's out. I never could have done it with the Pupaphobia franchise going on but I have an idea for a puppet film even bigger. Think Who Framed Roger Rabbit with puppets instead of toons. Not exactly original, but I'm excited to write it.

• Community Manager

Okay, so I have some free time next week. I'll submit my Oscar nominations. I encourage everyone who has time to submit them. Once Oscar voting is under way, I'll create the Part III thread.

I will work on mine during the next week as well. I hope we can get this going again. I'm thinking part of the downtime has to do with the lag on the site/the BOT site not redirecting here anymore

It took me all of thirty minutes to read the good films (which were few and far between) this year. If I can do that, anyone can, especially those of you who actually participated this year.From the looks of it, though, I'm not sure if I will be participating in Year 3 if the game persists at this snail pace.

• Community Manager

It took me all of thirty minutes to read the good films (which were few and far between) this year. If I can do that, anyone can, especially those of you who actually participated this year.From the looks of it, though, I'm not sure if I will be participating in Year 3 if the game persists at this snail pace.

Year 3 should move faster now that BOF isn't moving at such a slow pace.

As I have said a bazillion times, the more people who participate, the faster things move along. It's when people playing the game drift away absent-mindedly that things slow down.

I just posted my Oscar list. Was pretty tough but well not the best year ;)Hopefully we can start Y3 soon.Maybe this game gets back on track if everybody writes more films with shorter plots so it can become more fun again.

• Community Manager

If I don't have them done by the end of tomorrow, just assume I won't be doing them. I'm trying my best but alas, college keeps on piling work.