Impact

Behind the Camera

Lazarus was an old man I'm 90% sure.You're casting very well-known people in incredibly small roles that do almost nothing for the "plot" (Pilate's Wife for one). so you need to just cut those cast members out.Also, you're going all over the map with ethnicities, using White, Hispanic, and Indian actors/actresses to play people from the same ethnic group.

Should I just say the cast is just a bunch of unknown Italian actors and actresses?

What you should do is actually think well about the casting of the film. A cast like yours would have an insane acting budget that would swallow the production budget whole.Aside from a handful of key roles, you don't need a named cast for the film, and you don't need substantial names for most of the roles you do cast.

I'm thinking of starting a mega fantasy franchise called Magic: The Gathering. It's based on the greatest role play game in the world. It could be ready for Year 3, however there are so many stories, don't even know where to begin.

Just so you know, CAYOM 1.0 had a lot of MTG-based franchises, some of which were some of the most acclaimed fantasy films in the game. My 1st warning:Tread very carefully, because those people who remember those films WILL be very critical. SS, you can have the rights. Treat them well and don't overshoot. Edited by 4815162342

Just so you know, CAYOM 1.0 had a lot of MTG-based franchises, some of which were some of the most acclaimed fantasy films in the game. My 1st warning:Tread very carefully, because those people who remember those films WILL be very critical.

Do you know, who had them? Is it possible to read them if they're not planning using that material again?

I'm thinking of starting a mega fantasy franchise called Magic: The Gathering. It's based on the greatest role play game in the world. It could be ready for Year 3, however there are so many stories, don't even know where to begin.

Posted Image Edited by Hunch
  • Like 1

Do you know, who had them? Is it possible to read them if they're not planning using that material again?

Three different people made raved-about franchises from Magic, using different eras in the game. One of them does not post here at BOT. Also I doubt they'd let you read the material just so you could remake it. But take it from me, you do not want to make the series already made in CAYOM 1.0 because the scrutiny will be intense.I agree Hunch. Magpie's reaction if Al remade the Krosa saga would be priceless.

• Community Manager

Dungeons & Dragons is sooo much better.

You can't do a mega MTG franchise with all the expansions because 1) its way too huge a universe of storylines to be given to one person, 2) several expansions have already been adapted including the ones I did and still retain the rights to those series should they wish to revisit them. I even have a MTG film coming out next year (Zendikar). The ones I adapted were Ravnica, Kamigawa, Lorwyn and Shards of Alara, Magpie did Krosa and Ry did Weatherlight. But there are many other expansions that have not been adapted, just make sure to ask before.

No one has done Ice Age before, that one is fine. :)I'm afraid I'm not giving out any of those films now, I had edited most out of the old CAYOM as well. My films were only based on the setting and the general outline of the story with the rest of the plot and characters being mine.