Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

$800 million at least surely if Pirates 4 made that surely it can i'd say betweens $900 million to $1 billion hype is huge one of the most anticipated films in recent memory OS made the most anticipated since the Phantom menace.

In Russia it will be number one of the year, easily.So yeah, $900m OS is really possible, I don't see it flopping in any market.

Lesson number one: Guaranteed hits, there is no such thing.

Except this one has 3 successful previous movies, hype, a release date all to itself and has the Christmas holidays to help should it even disappoint.This is a guaranteed hit. Tell me another movie that will make more than The Hobbit this winter OS.

Except this one has 3 successful previous movies, hype, a release date all to itself and has the Christmas holidays to help should it even disappoint.This is a guaranteed hit. Tell me another movie that will make more than The Hobbit this winter OS.

Yes.... but how do all these factors guarantee it 1 Billion dollars?How many sequels have done 1 Billion dollars OS exactly?700-800m is a very good number and will in Top-10 all-time, but even that is not good enough for some people here.

Yes.... but how do all these factors guarantee it 1 Billion dollars?How many sequels have done 1 Billion dollars OS exactly?700-800m is a very good number and will in Top-10 all-time, but even that is not good enough for some people here.

as there are only 2 movies with a billion $+ OS (both originals) : noneTA also holds the record for best non-Cameron DOM and WWThe Hobbit will take non-Cameron OS with a high probability, the WW with some likelyhood, but DOM probably not, because of the American love for Superheroes. Edited by Rudolf
  • Like 1

The hype is there it won't disappoint OSbut the question is what is the disappointment bar for this oneI'm going with 950 mil OS ... 1 bil just seems a little scary

disappointment? if it does not reach 900 it would be disappointing to me.

This should happen. With 3D and 48fps premiums, and os markets having expanded significantly since 2003 I dont see it missing 1B OS. Big question is if it can beat Titanic OS(original run). But number 3 all time OS is highly probably. I am not sure how big it will be domestic. I am thinking around 400-450M. If it makes 450M it might squeak by Avengers WW.

This should happen. With 3D and 48fps premiums, and os markets having expanded significantly since 2003 I dont see it missing 1B OS. Big question is if it can beat Titanic OS(original run). But number 3 all time OS is highly probably. I am not sure how big it will be domestic. I am thinking around 400-450M. If it makes 450M it might squeak by Avengers WW.

In Russia it will beat Avengers for sureIn China I'm not sure given many movies will have the same release dateIn Europe it's likely given that The Avengers wasn't extremely high there, most of all in Germany and AustriaIn Latin America it's not sure at all, Avengers will be a tough rival