Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

I've 30 minutes of break so I will give you my opinion :I was surprised to read this this afternoon :o I didn't expect such a disappointment (yes, we need to be realistic now, $1B is endangered), I guess the movie is too slow, lacking action and epic battles.Now I'm not sure about TH breaking records in Russia :/To be honest : I won't watch The Hobbit and The Hobbit 2, I'll watch them all at the same time, when TH3 arrives. For the moment I'm really more excited about One Piece Z (yeah, I love One Piece :D ), I understand why Japanese people prefers it to TH.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

you have an agenda here, you want this to fail, so you are only see it that way. Not going to mention any markets its doing well in i guess. How about when it breaks the Dec OW record in the US?

And now a Dec OW record DOM is a big success for Hobbit ? When such a low standard.... :rolleyes:

I've 30 minutes of break so I will give you my opinion :

I was surprised to read this this afternoon :o I didn't expect such a disappointment (yes, we need to be realistic now, $1B is endangered), I guess the movie is too slow, lacking action and epic battles.

Now I'm not sure about TH breaking records in Russia :/

To be honest : I won't watch The Hobbit and The Hobbit 2, I'll watch them all at the same time, when TH3 arrives. For the moment I'm really more excited about One Piece Z, I understand why Japanese people prefers it to TH.

Exactly. Be realistic.

9 years ago...

Raising the one-day worldwide tally to $57.6 million, Return of the King pulled in $23.5 million overseas from 19 countries, notching opening day records in 13 of them, including the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain and Scandinavia, New Line noted. The U.K. accounted for $5.2 million of that sum, Germany contributed $5 million and France $3 million

• Like 1

it did great opening weekend but then fell apart fast. Its actual gross is still pretty anemic for such a big huge action spectacle

Nah, it opened during Obon which leads to frontloading. 45M+ is awesome considering previous highest Marvel movie not named SM was in the teens. Corpse was predicting mid 20's and finishing 3rd behind TASM and TDKR. In my book it's a success but overall Hollywood movies are having a hard time in Japan. Edited by druv10