Totem

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey OS Thread: OVER 1B WW!

You really are crazy and delusional. Can't someone ban you, because it's becoming increasingly painful to read your posts.

There`s ignore button as you know and you should be banned for throwing personal insults. Edited by fishnets

How 700 mil OS and 300 mil DOM can be considering as a disappointment? Only fool could think hobbit will outgross LOTR ..i am more than satisfied with its gross.

Fanboyism. Im willing to admit i fell for it. In my mind TH and TA should have had each others grosses. Oh well. More disappointing to me is the DOM:OS split. Even with China still to go it wont be the 25:75 to 28:72 i was expecting. Edited by Rovex

Fanboyism. Im willing to admit i fell for it. In my mind TH and TA should have had each others grosses. Oh well. More disappointing to me is the DOM:OS split. Even with China still to go it wont be the 25:75 to 28:72 i was expecting.

Japanese performance has killed that split. I can understand it would had done lower than ROTK, but just 20 million? That is just horrible. Asuming 300 DOM/700 OS final, with 50 million more from Japan it would have been 28:72 (300-750)

Fanboyism. Im willing to admit i fell for it. In my mind TH and TA should have had each others grosses.

This is a reason why fanbyism is bad. I give you credit for admitting. TA was a better movie. Characters were better. Even TH fans admit most of TH characters were non-entities. TA humor was better. I honestly can`t understand people who laughed at anything in TH. Such a lowbrow toilet humor. Even kids were left cold. TA action advanced the story and character. TH one was just there for spectacle. TA stakes were high and people actually died. Not the case with TH. TA had much better hook with tying in individual movies into one big superhero team. HFR and splitting a short book into 3 part paled in comparison. SO TA deserved to win the year hands down.

It's not fanboyism to expect it to outgross ROTK, given a decade of inflation, 3D and market expansion. To match Avengers perhaps but still you can make the case for it without sounding like a total idiot. What i overestimated was the level of excitement over the return to Middle Earth no matter what. The movie didn't look as good as LOTR, the tone was different, and many people stayed away as a result.

The Hobbit is a symbol of the last decade, The Avengers is the symbol of this new decade, get over with it guys B)

A fourth movie in a continuing franchise that grosses close to $1 billion worldwide is regarded as "the symbol of past decade?"My Gawd, what does it take for a movie to be called successful nowadays?

The Hobbit is a symbol of the last decade, The Avengers is the symbol of this new decade, get over with it guys B)

Avengers can be considered symbol in America and Asia, but not in Europe. At least, Hobbit is bigger here. In some places, quite bigger.