hasanahmad

Monday Est. Box Office MAD3 6.4, Prom 5.3, Snow White 2.7

I do agree, however, TA wasn't meant to have any emotional resonance. Whedon set out to do a solidly crafted, fluffy, superhero action spectacle, and he succeeded. The film had no pretense to be anything else but a typical superhero film. And there ain't nothing wrong with that.

Still amid fun summer popcorn, Thorki scenes resonated emotionally. That`s the power of Hiddlesworth.

I do agree, however, TA wasn't meant to have any emotional resonance. Whedon set out to do a solidly crafted, fluffy, superhero action spectacle, and he succeeded. The film had no pretense to be anything else but a typical superhero film. And there ain't nothing wrong with that.

A talented director could have created some emotion. There were plenty of scenarios in the Avengers where he could have, but they didn't.

Transformers 3 was great for the last 45 minutes. I'm just amazed by the action.

I hated it start to finish at the cinema and left in tears. Than I watched last 40 or so minutes on Space and I was so emotionally involved in Sam/Michaela/Optimus plight. I teared up a little too. Edited by fishnets

I just read this thread all the way through from page 1.

By page 2 I had forgotten it was a numbers thread, and was fully engrossed in the hate-filled, bile-spewing argument between the potter and TA sects. Brilliant!

I give this derailment: 10/10.

Baumer, I salute you for not being tempted to just outright ban Noctis for life at some points. Well done sir. :P

• Like 3

I'd say That's My Boy breaks out slightly this weekend, just because there's demand for a raunchy R-rated comedy that The Dictator really didn't manage to meet. However, its legs will be cut out by the eventual arrival of Ted, which looks to be the funnier film at least by the trailers. Never know though.

Man. every time I see mention of The Dictator, I get disappointed. What a let down. Completely forgettable.

A talented director could have created some emotion. There were plenty of scenarios in the Avengers where he could have, but they didn't.

But wha in TA could've been made into a emotionally resonant scene? The whole Thor/Loki/familial strife thing had already been addressed in THOR, the whole Hulk/Banner/Tortured-persecuted soul had been hammered to death in the Hulk films, Black Widow is too minor a character for Whedon to focus on an inner life (and sadly, fanboys would have gone ballistic if "the girl" in TA had gotten all the characterization), Hawkeye is simply too boring a character, and all in all, an ensemble piece like this would've been bogged down by deep characterization and emotionally heavy stuff. Don't get me wrong, I think TA is unmemorable fluff, but it is superbly made unmemorable fluff and it became a must-see event thanks to great storytelling, great FX, and the whole novelty of the Avengers assembling. However, it is a decent, entertaining popcorn movie.