hasanahmad

Monday Est. Box Office MAD3 6.4, Prom 5.3, Snow White 2.7

It's kind of impossible to tell if avengers will be memorable at this point. You're going to have to wait some number of years and see if people still talk about it and/or still watch it.And I highly doubt Prometheus will get more talk than Avengers

I thought THG's run "bored" you?

Of course it did eventually. Just like nearly all the Potters as well. I don't get excited for box office after the first/second week. I then wait until it reaches a milestone.

It's kind of impossible to tell if avengers will be memorable at this point. You're going to have to wait some number of years and see if people still talk about it and/or still watch it.And I highly doubt Prometheus will get more talk than Avengers

It won't take years to forget TA, only a few days.

Is anyone else here named baumer? Is 40? Is fat? Has a step son who has a girlfriend?No. Well, then, you fat trollop, I suggest therapy in order for you to stop being a sheep.

What the fuck is your problem?

I didn't say Marvel didn't have one but you made it sound like they were building a theme park shrine to honor the Avengers, 'to keep the memories' lmao it's all about the cash.

No, you said Potter has a whole theme park dedicated to it. I said if you mean Islands of Adventure, that isn't true.If you had been paying attention, you would have seen that my response was to RTX who stated that both TA and HP were forgettable. I responded that TA was memorable, and the proof was that Disney will now profit from all of the memories. My response had nothing to do with HP.And it is all about the profits. However, if the movie wasn't a huge hit, there would be no profits. TA will be remembered for a long long time.

Remember when I said Potter was a beautiful series?

You had alot of very good things to say about it, you saw DH2 multiple times if I remember correctly, gave it a 9 or something out of 10.

A film doesn't need to win oscars (or film awards in general) to be marked as memorable.

Agreed. Especially since the Oscars get it wrong way too often. If you look back at the Oscars, it's the unmemorable movies that end up winning. The big hits that we all talk about almost never win.

What the fuck is your problem?

Oh, NOW you can't take it. Don't accuse me of lying when other members here have already said you admitted in BOM that Potter has a beautiful story.

I saw DH1 multiple times. Once on my own, once when my sons girlfriend explained stuff to me that I wouldn't know unless I had read the book and once with my nieces. I liked DH2. But that's it. In general I hate the Potter series on a whole and I can't tell you one thing that happens in the films. They're all a blur to me.

Oh, NOW you can't take it.Don't accuse me of lying when other members here have already said you admitted in BOM that Potter has a beautiful story.

Never said that.

No, you said Potter has a whole theme park dedicated to it. I said if you mean Islands of Adventure, that isn't true.

If you had been paying attention, you would have seen that my response was to RTX who stated that both TA and HP were forgettable. I responded that TA was memorable, and the proof was that Disney will now profit from all of the memories. My response had nothing to do with HP.

And it is all about the profits. However, if the movie wasn't a huge hit, there would be no profits. TA will be remembered for a long long time.

Doubt it, will be forgotten quite quickly, obviously not amongst this BO because of it's amazing run but with the general public it will be a distant memory.

Who the fuck still cares about the bland Avengers? Move the fuck on.

Isn't it kinda logical that the biggest box office monster of the year would generate some interest? ....from posters on a box office site? Just sayin'.... ;)

Hulk swinging Loki around is arguably the film's most iconic moment...that should say plenty about how forgettable it really is.

Most iconic moment of Raiders of the Lost Ark-Jones runs from the big ball

Most iconic moment of Jaws-Unnamed girl is eaten from below

Most iconic moment of Citizen Kane-"Rosebud"

Most iconic moment of Die Hard-John jumps out the window

Most iconic moment of Gone with the Wind-Rhett carries Scarlet up the stairs

Most iconic moment of Terminator-"I'll be back"

Most iconic moment of Aliens-"Get away from her you bitch!"

Proof that all those movies are forgettable?

This scene in HBP (by far the most divisive Potter) takes an enormous crap on every single scene in The Avengers.

http://www.youtube.c...wop1kysM#t=211s

How fucking gorgeous. If only Avengers comes even close to the technical mastery of the last Potters.

I feel your pain. Most of the big box office performers of the last few years are movies that don't appeal to me that much. I like some of them and dislike some of them....loved none of them. Avengers is actually the first one in a while I really loved.

At first I was wondering, "What is wrong with everyone?" as you are doing.

It finally hit me that art is not something we can rank or measure. Each and every person has their own personal list of movies/music/art they think is "great". No two lists are exactly the same. There is nothing "wrong" with anyone. They just like what they like and it won't be the same as what I like. I could either get over the fact that the world won't always agree with my taste in art or continue to let it drive me crazy. There is no such thing as right and wrong in art.

• Like 3