Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

Rise of the Guardians is one of Dreamworks' best films. I'd only confidently rank it under Shrek, HTTYD, and both Kung Fu Panda movies. The plot isn't too strong, but the pure wonder and beautiful production design really work in its favor.

• Like 1

Agree. He is not that bad either...

I mean at least he does help other characters as well in SW:TPM.

:P he is not exactly a good character, but if everything else was great in TPM, he would be a minor nuisance and certainly didn't single handedly ruin the film, he was even kind of funny in some parts imo. 

Edited by Mad Kalo
  • Like 1

It might sound insane....but Frozen ain't as timeless as the other Disney films in the 80's, the 90's and the 2000's.

Also...DM2 & MU > Frozen.

Not that i hate Frozen. I don't...since i do like it...but the other 2 films are more fun in my opinion.

I'll take Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Princess and the Frog and maybe even Bolt all over Frozen. 

• Like 1

I'll take Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph, Princess and the Frog and maybe even Bolt all over Frozen. 

Agree. :)

I would also take the underrated Disney films over Frozen.

Films like The Rescuers, Oliver & Company, Brother Bear, Treasure Planet, The Emperor's New Groove, etc... All those films over Frozen.

And i wished Disney would have made a 2D animated "Snow Queen" adaptation back in the 90's. :(

The opinion must be unpopular.

You are clearly not a parent.

I'm not (Lord have mercy!) but I'd wager a lot of parents might share my unpopular opinion actually, being driven crazy for a year by their toddlers horrible taste in music.

Edited by MADash Rendar

I really don't like the Toy Story trilogy and sometimes, re-watching it (Due to my cousins obsession with the series) makes me want to regurgitate everything and I can never finish the first, second, or third film and this year, I was able to finish the ending of the first movie, something I've never been able to do... 

I'm not (Lord have mercy!) but I'd wager a lot of parents might share my unpopular opinion actually, being driven crazy for a year by their toddlers horrible taste in music.

Writing a catchy chorus gets a bad rep, even the annoying ones.

It s still catchy.

The guys who actually wrote all those pop songs are actually very good and talented, sometimes classically trained musicians.

Every american pop star in the last 16 years have made the trip to Max Martin Swedish studios, the guy is a former metal head and has built a pop/hit factory empire, from Britney Spears Hit me One more Time to the latest Taylor Swift album with Shake it off which finally made her a global superstar ( she was a US thing first, because of her country roots).

Ritchie Blackmore wrote one of the most iconic rock riff of all time and he said even if he tried really hard, he couldn't do it again.

Edited by The Futurist

Writing a catchy chorus gets a bad rep, even the annoying ones.

It s still catchy.

The guys who actually wrote all those pop songs are actually very good and talented, sometimes classically trained musicians.

Every american pop star in the last 16 years have made the trip to Max Martin Swedish studios, the guy is a former metal head and has built a pop/hit factory empire, from Britney Spears Hit me One more Time to the latest Taylor Swift album with Shake it off which finally make her a global superstar ( she was a US thing first, because of her country roots).

Ritchie Blackmore wrote one of the most iconic rock riff of all time and he said even if he tried really hard, he couldn't do it again.

I'm a musician, I know right. When I think of timeless and beautifully crafted pop songs I think of the Beach Boys not Let It Go. Speaking of Shake it off, I'm a karaoke afficionado and whenever I got to witness someone slaughtering it, I'm repelled by how idiotic the lyrics are, it's like they're not even trying to craft lyrics to match the catchy beats anymore than singing the phonebooth would be deeper and meaningful. "Haters gonna hate hate hate!" :mellow: I mean there's a pool team of 50 ghost songwriters paid to come up with this!? Where do I apply?

Crafting a great pop song is real art. But Let It Go is cheesy melodies upon corny lyrics upon trite chord progressions you see coming miles away. I mean the Lion King's and Pocahontas songs were Kate Bush material in comparison.

As for Blackmore since Smoke On The Water was just a jazz riff melody he lifted and slowed down with more distortion...The guy is a talented guitarist but also a douchebag like all the hard rock superstars that became millionaires living off pillating jazzmen and bluesmen.

Edited by MADash Rendar