Phil in the Blank

Unpopular movie opinions.

The English Patient is the worst movie to win the Oscar for BP. So LONG and so BORING! Why did this beat out Fargo and Jerry Maguire, especially FARGO. The academy is really horrible when it comes to picking movies that stand the test of time.

• Like 1

Citizen Kane is NOT the best movie ever made. Don't get me wrong. It is a fantastic movie but there are others that are much better that just seem to be shoved out of the spotlight.

im sure most filmgoers don't find it to be the best film of all time anyways, and they are the opinions that matter.

Opinions are like poop holes, everyone got one. But backing up and constructing an opinion with sounding arguments and brilliant rhetoric beyond "Overrated/I don't like it/It sucks", now that's what most movie goers are not capable of and that's what is the more interesting and stimulating intellectually when criticizing cinematographic art.

• Like 5

Opinions are like poop holes, everyone got one. But backing up and constructing an opinion with sounding arguments and brilliant rhetoric beyond "Overrated/I don't like it/It sucks", now that's what most movie goers are not capable of and that's what is the more interesting and stimulating intellectually when criticizing cinematographic art.

This should be put in the Forum Rules. Even though I often violate it. 

• Like 3

Citizen Kane is NOT the best movie ever made. Don't get me wrong. It is a fantastic movie but there are others that are much better that just seem to be shoved out of the spotlight.

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion if you still love it. I mean, the Godfather isn't close to my all time favorited, but I still love it.

Temple of Doom is the worst Indiana Jones film (haven't seen Crystal Skull though). It's not a bad film but it gets so much praise for being darker or whatever and the only thing I know is that it gave us one of the most annoying characters in history of cinema. It's a real achievement when you have a bad child actor in the movie and you still surpass him in the annoyance scale. Thank you Spielberg for casting a talentless hack just because you wanted to bone her...

Fuck you, Willie!

It's something when I'm still raging about this after seeing the movie a year ago. I don't care that it's gross Wille, Indy's about to get crushed and you don't want to get your hands dirty? I don't understand how he could have had any feelings for her anyway (he did, right?). By the way, I gave the movie a 7/10 :D