TLK

Weekend Estimates: TMB @ 13M, PROM @ 20.2M, ROA @ 15M, MAD3 @ 35.5M

Pretty bad for the openers and Prometheus. Great for the rest of holdovers.SW is on track for 150m. MIB3 should do 170m as well.

SW should end its run at 135-140m.

Good weekend.......... for the hold overs. Well, except for Prometheus, which sucks. Not the movie, but the fact that it's going to drop so hard.Time for TA's late legs to kick in. Looking forward to it hitting 600m.

• Like 1

Father's Day will help, but I'm starting to think it may not help films as much as before. NBA Final has demonstrated its strength, and the interests would only get to rise with the pivotal Game 3 on Sunday. This is shaping to be a classic series with stars general viewers actually care. Then with Tiger contending at U.S. Open, the viewership there should rise as well, and being held on the west coast this time means it's more of a prime time coverage for a lot parts of the country instead of just afternoon.The top 12 films are looking at $120m combined, and that would be the weakest June frame since 2005; admission-wise, it could be the weakest for June since 1997.

• Like 1

Prometheus is having one of the worst runs in years. What an absolutely massive disappointment.

Not really in reality. I just think the hype got the best of people when they were predicting this movie, including me a little bit. Its now just performing like your typical horror film. I originally predicted 170m domestic and 270 OS.Now, I think it will do around 130m domesitc. Its still gonna make a big profit.

I was wary that Prometheus was in line for a huge drop this weekend. It's drops were too similar to Green Lantern.

Comparing Prometheus to Green Lantern is apples and oranges though. Completely different genres and targeted audiences.

Comparing Prometheus to Green Lantern is apples and oranges though. Completely different genres and targeted audiences.

Which makes the Prometheus drop even worse. A film that had 64% of its audiences over 25 on its OW shouldn't be dropping this hard. I'm hoping it can follow Wanted. That film dropped big in its 2nd weekend and still managed 134m.

• Founder / Operator

Which makes the Prometheus drop even worse. A film that had 64% of its audiences over 25 on its OW shouldn't be dropping this hard. I'm hoping it can follow Wanted. That film dropped big in its 2nd weekend and still managed 134m.

I don't think age really matters though, just the audience. Both had a huge fanboy crowd, and no matter how old they are, they won't come back again if the movie sucks.Didn't Lantern have smaller midnights, as well?

I don't think age really matters though, just the audience. Both had a huge fanboy crowd, and no matter how old they are, they won't come back again if the movie sucks.Didn't Lantern have smaller midnights, as well?

True that. I still thought more of the older audiences would check it out this weekend. And I think Green Lantern made like 3m midnights.