Jack Nevada

Best director 2012

I'll go with PTA, Hooper, QT, Spielberg, Jackson and Ang Lee as the most likely nominees. At least one of them won't make it, for now I'd say it's between Spielberg and PJ for the 5th spot.

PJ probably won't make it, the AMPAS probably won't nominate him for another LOTR-ish movie.

After a misprint....its the other Paul Anderson for Resident Evil 5 :P(Which I use to think that the director of Mortal Kombat did Boogie Nights for the longest time)

It's not physically possible to do one movie that's that shit, and one that's that good. ^_^

PJ probably won't make it, the AMPAS probably won't nominate him for another LOTR-ish movie.

And they`ll be right. Enough with PJ and those same old movies especially since many worthy directors and movies are constantly snubbed or unawarded. To have PJ win 2 Oscars while the likes of Tarantino, Nolan and Fincher have none would be proposterous. or to have 2 movies form the same fuckin movie series win best Picture when Nolan`s masterpieces aren`t even nominated.PJ is like those decadent opulent emperors at the end of Roman Empire - Nero and the likes. Filthy unstoppable glutton living in an opulent palace that is far beyond anything any of his denizens can afford, all for show-off, with terrible tacky taste (Choo-choo, London Dungeon Vax Figure Museum replica), who promotes nepotism (his ugly daughter has kazillion cameos in his movies) while doing nothing for career boost of Kiwi actors (they all end up in infignificant roles while no-talents from other countries get big ones). So it`s understandable why he`s getting votes by regressive AMPAS voters such as Ernest Borgine, Tony Curtis,etc.

And especially better than hacks from Shriekapoo. Back in their time, nobody was as bad as Shitto, Wenham, Wood, Oscar Wanker Astin. At least completely ignoring those hacks redeemed Hollywood somewhat from embarrassment was was giving them ensamble SAG. Now hacks can stick those statuettes in their asses and imagine it`s Fass`s golf club.

Yes both might turn out to be duds.

One might, PTA's won't unless the finished version manages to magically turn into something completely different than the current version, and my taste in films is incompetent.The biggest problem with The Master, is that PTA tries to distance himself from drawing too many parallels to Scientology, but as a result the film doesn't feel like it reached its full impact and potential. Hopefully though, he's gone back to the editing room to try to change that. Edited by riczhang

One might, PTA's won't unless the finished version manages to magically turn into something completely different than the current version, and my taste in films is incompetent.The biggest problem with The Master, is that PTA tries to distance himself from drawing too many parallels to Scientology, but as a result the film doesn't feel like it reached its full impact and potential. Hopefully though, he's gone back to the editing room to try to change that.

How have seen The Master?

How have seen The Master?

Through someone I know at Weinstein, and another more private reason, it's the same way I saw Lawless, and probably the same way I will end up seeing Django Unchained. Edited by riczhang