Shawn Robbins

The BOXOFFICE.com Suggestion Box: What interests you most on the site? Also, share article ideas!

I come here mainly for forums cause I consider many posters to be my friends. But I`d like to read Authopsy Report on bombs and actors who misfired. Those are more interesting than gushing over successes.P.S. Unban Noctis, ban iJack from TDKR thread. he really ruined it.

Edited by fishnets

I know the forums are very popular, but what about a live chat feature? Imagine if we were all watching a movie at the same time and were commenting as we were watching.

Oh my god, that would amazing! Make that happen, Shawn & Co.!!!!

What is the current word on the derby? I occasionally check in on the progress of it and now I find no trace of it. Just curious.

Any updates on this? I noticed they've stopped asking for donations, does that mean that the target has been reached?

A "Box Office" tab would be nice on the top of the page with the drop down options. These drop down options can include the most recent tables of the following: daily box office, weekend box office, weekend projections, and weekend estimates along with long term projections. Sometimes these tables are not available on the main page and they are not the easiest to find (especially the long-term projections).I know there are links next to grosses on the top, but it takes multiple clicks to get to the table that you want.Thxs

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Sorry guys, I didn't catch your questions about the Derby in this thread.The answer is definitely yes, the Derby is still a work-in-progress. We've stopped asking for donations for legal reasons. But I'm doing my best to get the game developed through other means. We have a fully functioning application that I've been testing as a single player for the past few weeks, so I'm hoping we get to start testing with multiple players in the coming weeks.I really wish I could give you something more concrete, but as it is, I don't want to make any promises that can't be kept...so I won't even dare projecting a launch date anymore. But I'm pushing as hard as I possibly can to have it finished this year.

• Founder / Operator

Hey everyone,

I'm playing around with a few ideas for a new column to start writing and thought that it might be fun to do a piece every now and then about a subject that's popular on the forums at the time, or perhaps just a subject that anyone would like to ask about and/or see covered in an article.

It can be literally anything with box office or business connections to movies, or something specific like talking about an impressive (or particularly horrible) multiplier (3-day, 5-day, whatever...). One example is the recent talk I've seen about whether or not its "easy" to hit $1 billion worldwide now which inspired a piece I may share my opinion on over the next few weeks sometime.

Perhaps it could be wanting to see a breakdown of the strengths and flaws of a new release's marketing campaign. These are just off the top of my head, but if anyone would like to suggest something just post it in here and/or e-mail it to me (shawn@boxoffice.com).

Thanks in advance, and if your suggestion is chosen then I'll definitely throw a shout out to you in the article!

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

I think an article illustrating how multipliers have changed from the 70's - 90's to what we see today. What was the average multiplier back then and comparing it to what we generally see today. I'd like to get your take on what are the different variables that have caused ths shift as well as just an overall outlook on how differently a movie's run is today. For instance, is a run like Inception really all that incredible or was it something seen several times a year back in those times? I know I can look this stuff up on my own, but I think your take on stuff like this is pretty cool and you seem to offer a lot of insight that I can't quite get by just looking at movie runs on BOM.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I think an article illustrating how multipliers have changed from the 70's - 90's to what we see today. What was the average multiplier back then and comparing it to what we generally see today. I'd like to get your take on what are the different variables that have caused ths shift as well as just an overall outlook on how differently a movie's run is today. For instance, is a run like Inception really all that incredible or was it something seen several times a year back in those times? I know I can look this stuff up on my own, but I think your take on stuff like this is pretty cool and you seem to offer a lot of insight that I can't quite get by just looking at movie runs on BOM.

That's a great suggestion. Thanks, noggin. :)
  • Like 1