Shawn Robbins

The BOXOFFICE.com Suggestion Box: What interests you most on the site? Also, share article ideas!

• Founder / Operator

Hey everyone,Now that we're all settled in to the digs at Boxoffice.com, we'd like to hear some feedback and suggestions about what you would most like to see on the main website. In particular, what topics and articles interest you the most?Feel free to share other suggestions as well. We're all ears. :)

Sorry Shawn. I really usually only come here because of the foruns. I usually also read your analisys to the weekend box office and heard one or 2 podcasts. But the foruns are the main reason.

I'm curious...why wasn't Mojo able to return to what it was? I remember it went awry because of a virus, but surely somebody got that fixed...?

Pretty sure they just took the opportunity to get rid of the headache of the forums. They may have even blamed the virus on a disgruntled member of said forums. Either way, it became pretty obvious after IMDb took over that the forums were not their first(or even last) priority.

A more organized database of numbers that's easier to navigate.

I misread this topic as what would you like to see on boxoffice.com :bagoverhead: I guess the Twitter index sort of attracts me but I'm pretty skeptical of how accurate it is. The main draw is definitely the forums, I go to boxofficmojo for the data since it's much better organized and more detailed.

A reliable overseas weekend summary as early as possible during the summer and holidays..Re-tweet things like major release date changes. Maybe a twitter account that does nothing but report major release date announcements.That's all I can think of at the moment.

• Like 1

• Community Manager

I misread this topic as what would you like to see on boxoffice.com :bagoverhead: I guess the Twitter index sort of attracts me but I'm pretty skeptical of how accurate it is. The main draw is definitely the forums, I go to boxofficmojo for the data since it's much better organized and more detailed.

No you didn't misread. You're fine.

I'm curious...why wasn't Mojo able to return to what it was? I remember it went awry because of a virus, but surely somebody got that fixed...?

I'm sure they got rid of the virus, but the forum software was ancient and probably got broken. Plus the forum kept breaking more and more, and IMDB didn't want to spend any resources to fix it.

I remember back in the day Sean telling me that the forum software was a very customized version of phpBB. He told me that it was so customized and different from stock phpBB that he could not update the forum software (hence why it was so old). He said that if someone ever attempted to update it, the forum would probably break and info (posts, topics, member info) would be lost. My personal theory on what happened was that IMDb seeing as the BOM forum was so old and full of security problems tried to update the forum software. As a result the forum broke and they lost all the info and decided that it wasn't worth trying to start over from scratch.
  • Like 1

I like the Fb, Twitter, trailer views, and that sort of stuff. I am still old school boxoffice so it is cool learning the new ways to track it.

This. And though I'm sure this is unlikely to change anytime soon, I'd love if the twitter analysis was for free. I know it used to be (along with other features) until the subscription service was instilled.

I'm a fan of the long range forecast, though I can never seem to find those weekly articles that were updated with new release forecasts.More accessible BO numbers if possible. Shawns weekend analysis is really good, maybe an International small analysis weekly.

• Founder / Operator

Bump.

I'm a fan of the long range forecast, though I can never seem to find those weekly articles that were updated with new release forecasts.More accessible BO numbers if possible. Shawns weekend analysis is really good, maybe an International small analysis weekly.

I like that we get the numbers quicker than any other place and I like that page Shawn posted some time ago about time-line of reports or news articles.

Thanks, guys. I really do appreciate hearing that. :)Some good ideas coming out in here already... Edited by ShawnMR