Taylor

Weekend estimates pg 30 Brave 66.7

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxofficeTHE AVENGERS had the best hold in the Top 10, dropping just -21% and punching up $7M. Total is now a marvelous $598M.

! :circles: !TA won't "barely" pass 600M.TA will happily fly over 600M.620M?
  • Like 1

Weekend is ending, only connected now and i had/need to throw my TOP10 thoughts here...1_ Brave: Very good. This girl was stronger than the silent robot. She must prove it again with a 230M total.2_ Mad3: Great. And good reviews here too. 200M in play.3_ Lincoln: From the Wanted director and produced by Burton = this? Not powerful... a 3multi will be hard to get... so 40M max?4_ Prometheus: Bad drop...i'm sad. I can kiss goodbye a 140M total...5_ Rock: Not a catastrophic drop but damage is already done. 50M will be tough to reach.6_SnowWhite: Solid. 150M here we come.7_Boy: Could have been worse but won't get to 45M. For a Sandler summer comedy? ouchh8_TheAvengers: Mighty! 3 multi from OW is reeeally in sight.9_MIB3: Ok but 175M won't be reached. Honorable but still disappointing for a blockbuster.10_Seeking: What's this kind of medium release? The 10M budget figure is low but look at that weak OW!

• Founder / Operator

If there was ever any doubt about this being the summer of family audiences, it was put to rest this weekend. The three most impressive performers of the season have all been heavily family-friendly movies in some way (Avengers, Mad3, Brave).

Edited by ShawnMR

But at least the freefall stopped. :D

A 51% third week drop when most other films are falling less than 40% isn't freefalling?

decent for Brave but kind of weird it dropped on Saturday.

I don't think it's weird. Pixar is a brand name now and people rush out to see their films.
  • Like 1

A 51% third week drop when most other films are falling less than 40% isn't freefalling?

Are we comparing horror to family films again? :DPrometheus isn't doing pre-release fanboy hype numbers, but its not flopping at all. Edited by Shpongle

• Founder / Operator

decent for Brave but kind of weird it dropped on Saturday.

Not really though. As Baumer mentioned, Pixar is a brand name with more clout among fanboys than other animation studios.

Are we comparing horror to family films again? :DPrometheus isn't doing pre-release fanboy hype numbers, but its not flopping at all.

There has been nothing remotely good about Prometheus' performance outside of it's first day. Everything after that has crumbled.Even the supposedly terrible Hangover 2 fell 43% in it's third weekend, Prometheus is falling fast.http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=hangover2.htm