Taylor

Weekend estimates pg 30 Brave 66.7

nope, it actually sold less tickets than Toy Story 2. And barely more than 1. I can't believe it. With 3D Toy Story 3 should have went past 500M

Uhm...... Toy Story 3 was in 3D...... :unsure:

I think some of us saw 415M domestic as a disappointment for TS3 because we wanted it to top that green ogre. Shrek 2's performance back in '04 was essentially the stars all lining up. I don't think another animated film could make that amount, though TS3 coming close is nothing short of impressive.Anyways, good for Brave. Is a 4x multiplier possible?

Edited by Safari92

I think some of us saw 415M domestic as a disappointment for TS3 because we wanted it to top that green ogre. Shrek 2's performance back in '04 was essentially the stars all lining up. I don't think another animated film could make that amount, though TS3 coming close is nothing short of impressive.Anyways, good for Brave. Is a 4x multiplier possible?

That is what I am thinking. Most people thought Toy Story 3 would be the movie that would top Shrek 2, but even 3D couldn't help Toy Story 3 beat it. Still made a lot of money but I really don't know what pixar can make to make more than Shrek 2. Maybe the Incredibles 2.

That is what I am thinking. Most people thought Toy Story 3 would be the movie that would top Shrek 2, but even 3D couldn't help Toy Story 3 beat it. Still made a lot of money but I really don't know what pixar can make to make more than Shrek 2. Maybe the Incredibles 2.

Is that movie even getting made?

There isn't much Pixar can do to top Shrek2 and the reason is simple - risque jokes in an animation setting. Shrek 1 was a good movie that was loved by kids but it exploded on home media because of adults who loved the double entendres of the first movie. Shrek 2 had an appeal that went well beyond the regular animation fans. Most Shrek 2 fans never came back for subsequent Shrek movies and they were never much interested in other animated movies.

I would say yes, but Pixar is slightly more frontloaded then other family films. But with a major lack of competition coming up and barely any new movies till August, it has a major shot to hang around for quite a while.