Jack Nevada

Best original screenplay 2012

Django Unchained, like every other screenplay by Quentin, was not eligible. Switch Flight with that for the Oscars and I think that could be the list.

why is it not eligible?

Quentin said on his Howard Stern interview a couple weeks ago that he was pissed when he lost to Boal in this category in '10. I love Quentin but it would be pretty funny if Boal beat him again...

Wonder if he'll pull an Eddie Murphy this time around.

I still can't believe fucking flight got in here. PRAISE JESUS! :rolleyes:So who's going to win? I could see Hanake, Quentin or Boal winning.

I think it will be Hanake winning as a lifetime achievement prize, and also as a general prize for Amour.

You could say the same thing about Amour winning Foreign film though - since it's a lock to win that one.

I'm actually not certain it could win. Last 2 films to get 3+ noms that are foreign both lost. However, both of those didn't score major noms. Amour better fucking win, it's logically the best of the 5 foreign pictures if there's 1 BP nom and 4 non-BP nom films there. Pleased Royal Affair got it.

I think Intouchables is the only film that could've beaten Amour and it's not there. Besides I think the voters would be fully aware that it would be absolutely ridiculous for the only BP nominee in the line-up not to win.

Tell that to the critics groups who vote a foreign film for BP and then go on to vote for foreign film. Illogical.