Neo

Big Hero 6 | November 7, 2014 | Now available on home video

Ugly…. cried.

Started during FEAST, and pretty much throughout BIG HERO 6. That was an awesome experience. My son's new favorite thing is Baymax; I've never seen him light up as much as when he was on screen.

And my kid wasn't the loudest child in the audience today :ph34r:

Our theater looked about 75-80% full. All families with kids. Lots of laughs, screaming and clapping and cheering.

I adored the movie. Think I liked it even more than LEGO. I'm going to have to get all the Baymax merch for my kid though. :rolleyes:

The biggest thing I really liked was that none of the footage really spoiled Hiro for me; I loved that he

was kind of a con artist at the beginning of the movie and that his brother (

:wub: ) wanted to keep him out of trouble.

. Loved how each character got a chance to shine too. But Baymax and Hiro stole our hearts, totally. My husband even loved it… though a lot of that was how much our son loved the movie.

I walked out of the theater thinking it had the cleverness of WRECK-IT RALPH and the heart of FROZEN (actually, probably even more heart as I cried buckets during the second half.

The Feast made me want to go back home and give dog a big hug. Talk about pulling emotional strings.

And yeah there were those heart pulling moments throughout BH6.

That scene

when Baymax uses the rocket punch to save Hiro and Callaghan's daughter and says: Are you with your care?

:(

That definitely got some people crying in the audience.

• Like 2

The Feast made me want to go back home and give dog a big hug. Talk about pulling emotional strings.

And yeah there were those heart pulling moments throughout BH6.

That scene

when Baymax uses the rocket punch to save Hiro and Callaghan's daughter and says: Are you with your care?

:(

That definitely got some people crying in the audience.

Yes, definitely that part, I was a mess.

What got to me, and I'm actually surprised my son could handle it was

creepy Kabuki dude and Hiro reprogramming Baymax to destroy him after the reveal

that allowed the story to handle Hiro's mental state over

losing his brother

That was really, really well done. I agree with the critics who thought the movie was a good superhero origin story, but an even better one about

loss of a loved one, especially for an adolescent.

And Tadaschi…  :wub:   Actually, I just have all the hearts for all the characters. They were wonderfully developed. 

I guess that's 3/3 Marvel. 

• Like 4

This is probably going to make huge money here in NZ, given these reviews and responses I've read. Comes out day after Christmas and all kids (and YAs like me that want to see it) are on holidays. Come quickly pls. 

Edited by Breakspear
  • Like 2

Ok full impressions.  No Spoilers! 

I saw it with one of my best friends, her little brother and my little brother and we all loved it! So much heart. Also as someone who loves science I loved the focus of science and how it can be used to help mankind. I can see it inspiring kids to be inventors and scientists and such. I loved the relationship that formed between Hiro and Baymax. Baymax is extremely lovable. He makes the entire movie andDisney hit a goldmine with that character. In fact I loved all the characters. I'm kinda sad they don't exist in real life lol. The writing in the film was really great and  clever and it was really funny. I was laughing throughout. The animation was beautiful and  I loved the backdrop of the city of San Fransokyo. It also has great action sequences that are great to watch. 

The reason why I loved this film the most is the emotional  heartfelt core the film has and I think this will make it have great legs and appeal to a wide audience. It was a joy to watch. If I had any criticism that I thought the second half almost had to much spectacle and action but that`s just extremely nitpicky lol. 

In all All 4 of us (Ages 21, 22, 12 and 14) all loved this film! , 9/10 for me. Favorite animation film of the year! Great film. GO WATCH IT. I want it to get to 200 million domestic!

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 8

Hey guys! Oh, God I'm so excited to write about this! My theater was pretty packed! While there were children, there were much more adults and even teens there at the viewing. First off, I truly enjoyed the Tomorrowland and Inside Out trailers. Also no spoilers here, mainly an overview. :)

Big Hero 6 will win the animated Oscar, that I'm certain of. 

I loved the Lego movie, but this movie has surpassed the Lego Movie. In so many ways, you couldn't believe until you see it.

I cried during the Feast short (that was so beautiful oh my god), then about five times more in the entire movie.

For what the whole movie is truly worth makes it a true masterpiece. I loved how everything went along together so perfectly. This is definitely not your average animated flick. I have to say this was very different from what you're typically used to seeing, truly original in it's own right.

It was a wonderful experience. I recommend you to go out and see this movie. It truly is worthy of the Oscar. It's really damn powerful, and I know it will be stuck in my head for days to come. Hiro and Baymax truly made this movie. All the other characters seemed to mesh together incredibly well too. I loved Aunt Cass! I pretty much loved all the female characters as well, I also applaud them on the diversity of characters.

It had so much heart, it's truly amazing.

This is my favorite animated movie of the freaking year!!!!

I still can't get over how incredible this movie was. One's thing for sure, I need a Baymax. I'll be getting some kind of Baymax merchandise for Christmas.  :D

I give it a 10/10.

• Like 8

What animated movies besides MINIONS and INSIDE OUT comes out next year? I don't think WDAS has anything coming out, do they? 

Pixar has another film in November, also a SpongeBob CGI/live action movie, two mediocre-looking Dreamworks originals, Hotel Transylvania 2, Kung Fu Panda 3, and something called Monster Trucks that I have no idea what to expect from.

Honestly, it looks really, really weak compared to this year. Pixar better deliver.

• Like 4

Hey!  So glad you loved the movie!  It doesn't disappoint.  I loved the honest emotion in it and I think it deals with

the reaction to grief

better even than movies meant for an adult audience.  I was surprised at how much they touched on it instead of glossing over it.

Edited by Sal
  • Like 5

Hey!  So glad you loved the movie!  It doesn't disappoint.  I loved the honest emotion in it and I think it deals with [spoilers]the reaction to grief[/spoilers] better even than movies meant for an adult audience.  I was surprised at how much they touched on it instead of glossing over it.

I actually got teary eyed near the end of Big Hero 6, which I didn't expect to happen.

• Like 3

Hey!  So glad you loved the movie!  It doesn't disappoint.  I loved the honest emotion in it and I think it deals with

the reaction to grief

better even than movies meant for an adult audience.  I was surprised at how much they touched on it instead of glossing over it.

That was what really got me too.

Edited by GuardiaStar
  • Like 2