diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Sunday admissions:
CA:CW  942,054(-17.5%/new) /3,926,669($28.65M)
Zootopia 31,362(-8%/-50.5%)/4,541,599    

IM3:422K/487K/894K/821K(2.62M/9.00M)
AOU:622k/650k/1.16M/1.01M(3.44M/10.49M)

Bigger drop than AOU.

Edited by Olive
  • Like 5

Weekend Apr 29-May 1

ChZ3SkkU4AEa5Bb.jpg

Fantastic OW for CW, and good hold for Zootopia, it will beat KFP2 to eater top 3 animated movies in SK.

Edited by Olive
  • Like 4

Looking back, AOU had a pretty bad 71% drop on it's first monday. The run itself was pretty unimpressive, with mostly weak weekdays propped up by national holidays. Here's a graph showing it's run

PSXUqPm.png

Weekly breakdown looks like this (in admissions)

OW (4-day): 3,440,937 

week2: 3,567,167 (+3.67%)

week3: 2,365,817 (-50.8%)

week4: 648,101 (-265%)

week5: 286,039 (-127%)

AOU was a 4day OW compared to CW's 5 day OW so direct extrapolation may be a little hard to determine, but the first Monday should be some indicator of how the weekdays will be for CW.

Naver ratings look to settle around the same as TWS right now so it might be helpful to compare that run too.

TWS weekly drops (admissions):

OW (5 day): 1,473,005

week2: 1,137,944 (-22.7%)

week3: 712,855 (-37.4%)

week4: 381,252 (-46.5%)

week5: 176,230 (-53.8%)

weekdays held better for TWS compared to AOU, but that could probably be attributed to the release date (early april), and less massive weekends. Either run would still take it over 10M admissions which I would say is pretty much a lock now. How it fares against new releases (there's quite a few lined up) should determine whether it breaks 11M admissions or not.  

Edited by Rsyu
additional data
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Rsyu said:

Looking back, AOU had a pretty bad 71% drop on it's first monday. The run itself was pretty unimpressive, with mostly weak weekdays propped up by national holidays. Here's a graph showing it's run

I can't see graph :(

4 hours ago, Pypa94 said:

I can't see graph :(

It's just a graphical representation of AOU's run, you can see it here: http://i.imgur.com/em8p2Gr.png

4 hours ago, Pypa94 said:

Is on Monday a holiday in Korea or normal day and what kind of drop will be factor of great legs/WOM? ;)

Monday is a normal work-day, the holidays this week fall on Thursday (Children's day) and Friday (temporary national holiday), So Thur-Sun should be a massive 4 week holiday :D

AOU was considered to have average-to-bad word of mouth and it fell 71% on it's first monday like I mentioned  above so something above that preferably. Thinking that something near the 300-350K admissions mark should be decent enough.

Edited by Rsyu
additional data
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rsyu said:

It's just a graphical representation of AOU's run, you can see it here: http://i.imgur.com/em8p2Gr.png

Monday is a normal work-day, the holidays this week fall on Thursday (Children's day) and Friday (temporary national holiday), So Thur-Sun should be a massive 4 week holiday :D

AOU was considered to have average-to-bad word of mouth and it fell 71% on it's first monday like I mentioned  above so something above that preferably. Thinking that something near the 300-350K admissions mark should be decent enough.

Monday 259k, worse drop than Ultron for a second day in a row. Whats going on?

1 minute ago, Olive said:

Monday admissions:
CA:CW  260k(-73%/new) /4.2m($30.65M)
Zootopia 6,120(-46%)/4,547,759    

IM3:  282K (-66%) 2.91M 
AOU: 295k  (-71%) 3.74M

Is it bad ?  OK ?

8 minutes ago, Ent said:

Is it bad ?  OK ?

Pretty awfull IMO.. but thursday will tell us more..

If i did'ent make OW i would 99% wait a couple of days if i had a 4 day weekend comming up..

But im a bit disapointed with sun and mon drop 

8 minutes ago, Olive said:

Maybe we were over optimistic about its legs.

MCU  movies do become more and more frontloaded.

Or else people are waiting for the holiday weekend?

Must be a combination