diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

7 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Cool cool but let’s keep that info in here for now 👀

Yeah, I don't know how much value there is from egg this early anyway, considering that I never expected WOM to be bad for this. More of a question of whether it can stay in that megahot territory like the original or if it falls into merely "solid" reception. 

2 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Yeah, I don't know how much value there is from egg this early anyway, considering that I never expected WOM to be bad for this. More of a question of whether it can stay in that megahot territory like the original or if it falls into merely "solid" reception. 

I think that’s the boat we’re all in at this point. I’m confident this will at least be an “A” Cinemascore in the US, but I need SK to tell me if we could be looking at an A+

38 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Looks like egg is at 99% currently which is a fantastic start though not sure about sample size. 

Isn't the 99% just pre-egg i.e. the pre-release expectations?

I don't see a golden egg rating yet.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

I think that’s the boat we’re all in at this point. I’m confident this will at least be an “A” Cinemascore in the US, but I need SK to tell me if we could be looking at an A+

Consider it told

9 minutes ago, hw64 said:

Golden egg rating just went up at 91%.

rip

do you have a link so I can follow along?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

6 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I could be misremembering but isn't 91% Egg more like "good but not amazing" level reception.

But I think as long as the best part of the movie is something related to "best cinematic experience ever with its outstanding visual aspect, we still have hope in its legs".

I think the story/character aspect is what made it 91% folder eggs but Avatar 1 also has the same mid/boring story/character problem and it still pulled monster legs .

1 minute ago, Danhjpn said:

But I think as long as the best part of the movie is something related to "best cinematic experience ever with its outstanding visual aspect, we still have hope in its legs".

I think the story/character aspect is what made it 91% folder eggs but Avatar 1 also has the same mid/boring story/character problem and it still pulled monster legs .

Avatar and its re-release both had 99% EGG.

Probably have to lower my expectations a bit if this isn't a smash with audiences either.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I don't understand what you are asking me here.

Avatar 1 has boring and mid story/characters, so 99% egg came from the visual aspect. Avatar 2 has been confirmed by critics (both negative and positive) that it has even greater visual aspect. Assume it has again the boring story, why it is 91% egg you think? Don't tell me it has even more boring story than Avatar 1 :(

Edited by Danhjpn