diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

I'm sure Keyzersoze isn't trolling or anything, his posts usually make a lot of sense. In this case he's stating his opinion and it isn't entirely groundless either. I really enjoyed AoU, more than the first one even, but it's unlikely to be a WoM beast or anything. That doesn't mean it will do poor at the box office though, interest is still high and competition is favorable. In different circumstances though, it could have been a different story.

I'm sure Keyzersoze isn't trolling or anything, his posts usually make a lot of sense. In this case he's stating his opinion and it isn't entirely groundless either. I really enjoyed AoU, more than the first one even, but it's unlikely to be a WoM beast or anything. That doesn't mean it will do poor at the box office though, interest is still high and competition is favorable. In different circumstances though, it could have been a different story.

i know but sometime his post comes in a way that makes everyone feel like this film gonna burn to ash coz the WoM just ok not great.But again it is his feeling and reasonable 

Edited by Cy n

I agree Keyser isn't a troll but his current view of TA2 is, it's going to crash and burn in every market and we don't know if that'll happen. 

Edited by druv10

It's impossible for the movie this calibre to do poor at the box office anyway no matter what kind of reception it's getting. :lol:  It's more to do with sky-high expectation vs. reality. I know AOU won't have TA's stellar WOM but it'd annoy me if it get "bad" WOM instead of "good" because of unmet expectations.

Plus I'd love to see AOU topping FF7 OS so every dollar counts. :ph34r:

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 3

I agree Keyser isn't a troll but his current view of TA2 is, it's going to crash and burn in every market and we don't know if that'll happen. 

I haven't been following his posts on other threads so I can't really comment on that. I don't think he's been out of line in the SK thread though and calling his input BS like some guy did a page back is just silly  :rolleyes: 

I guess it will make it all the sweeter for the rest of us if/when AoU can be labelled as a box office hit and we can watch Keyzer eat his humble pie  ^_^

It's impossible for the movie this calibre to do poor at the box office anyway no matter what kind of reception it's getting. :lol:  It's more to do with sky-high expectation vs. reality. I know AOU won't have TA's stellar WOM but it'd annoy me if it get "bad" WOM instead of "good" because of unmet expectations.

Plus I'd love to see AOU topping FF7 OS so every dollar counts. :ph34r:

That's what I've been seeing a lot in Korea and I'm sure its similar in other countries too. In Korea though you also have the unmet expectations of the Seoul footage as well as the quality in comparison with the original that's coming under fire. 

• Like 1

But it's huge :blink:

Yes, yes it is.  It should become the 2nd biggest opening weekend after the local phenom Roaring Currents, and not 2nd by much.

Now admissions are up to 2,430,040

Some perspective

IM 3:    4/25/13     4 day o/w = $19,553,284  Total=  $64,211,513   

Avengers: 4/26/12   4 day=  $13,155,372     Total = $50,683,851   

If it has the shorter legs of IM3 that's about $92m off a $28m o/w

• Like 2

The point is Fast 7 has really changed expectations for this film. 

Yes but this is the SK thread and it will pass FF7s total admissions Sunday afternoon.  Unless people are expecting it to do China numbers in SK with a population of 50m I can't see how anyone could be disappointed or think it's under-performing.

• Like 2

I haven't been following his posts on other threads so I can't really comment on that. I don't think he's been out of line in the SK thread though and calling his input BS like some guy did a page back is just silly  :rolleyes:

I guess it will make it all the sweeter for the rest of us if/when AoU can be labelled as a box office hit and we can watch Keyzer eat his humble pie  ^_^

He's usually not biased so TA2 must have hit a nerve for him. No question, he's very knowledgeable so I definitely won't rule out him being right but currently we just don't know what kind of legs it'll get.  

But that's dumb. TA2 should be looked at it's own merit BO wise. It's going to make over 1B OS which is phenomenal no matter what and especially when you factor in crappy exchange rates WW. 

• Like 1

Honestly I compare to TA1, not FF7 because it makes more sense. As long as it can pass TA1 I'm satisfied, in every market :)

This thread is going too fast, I can't follow guys, calm down :o

Edited by Fullbuster

Yes, yes it is.  It should become the 2nd biggest opening weekend after the local phenom Roaring Currents, and not 2nd by much.

Now admissions are up to 2,430,040

Some perspective

IM 3:    4/25/13     4 day o/w = $19,553,284  Total=  $64,211,513   

Avengers: 4/26/12   4 day=  $13,155,372     Total = $50,683,851   

If it has the shorter legs of IM3 that's about $92m off a $28m o/w

Everyone thought IM3 had 10 million admissions tied up the pace it was going and then suddenly it rolled of a cliff on week4. 

Everyone thought IM3 had 10 million admissions tied up the pace it was going and then suddenly it rolled of a cliff on week4. 

Most movies do that even Frozen did that so TA2 will eventually collapse, question is will it collapse week 3, week 4 or week 5? If it's after week 4 than 11-12M admissions will happen. 

That's what I've been seeing a lot in Korea and I'm sure its similar in other countries too. In Korea though you also have the unmet expectations of the Seoul footage as well as the quality in comparison with the original that's coming under fire. 

What wrong with the Seoul footage?? Apart from the fact that no landmarks got destroyed and no major destructions... :ph34r:

Honestly I compare to TA1, not FF7 because it makes more sense. As long as it can pass TA1 I'm satisfied, in every market :)

This thread is going too fast, I can't follow guys, calm down :o

LOL... And I thought you loved it when a thread was alive and moving.. :lol:

What wrong with the Seoul footage?? Apart from the fact that no landmarks got destroyed and no major destructions... :ph34r:

Well yeah zero money shots and also it looked so generic. There was nothing there that seperated it from any other city in korea tbh. Usually I don't think people would even care that much but it was a big part of pre-release hype.