diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

I don't see how this could be seen as a "fail" .  You predicted that it would open to much less on Thur so isn't it already performing more than you thought a few days ago?  The Marvel brand has a huge fan base, and you've said it skews younger in SK so  a rush factor opening day shouldn't be that surprising.  There were also as you pointed out midnight shows on Wed which were rolled into Thur.  Even if it stayed flat all w/e it would do $20m and it's my guess is it's not going to stay flat.  

Now admissions for Thurs are up to 645,479 / $5,339,964 ($10,230,180)

If it increased from 500K to 645K that wouldn't be a fail. I'm highlighting the fact that it's very unusual for a film to stay flat on a Friday. In most cases it happens when a film has poor word of mouth or just low expectations and we know AoU doesn't fall into the latter category. Maybe Caesar is right and this is the upper limit of what a film can achieve on a non-holiday workday. Though, if the increase is crap on Saturday too we can officially say it has bad word of mouth.

Your point about fanboy rushing on OD makes sense too actually. I guess me and Chasmmi contributed to that  :ph34r:

Edited by Rsyu

So you've seen it? What do you think?

I think people have judged AOU with too high expectation. It isn't as good as TA (because really, only few movies is) but it's still better than 90% of the blockbusters I have seen in the past few years, including F&F7.

For me TA2>TA1

I agree with what you say too. High expectations are usually never met. 

• Like 1

Glad that you love it because I do too.

It'd be ashamed if AOU has bad WOM when IM3 didn't because it's a far better movie.

TA2 is a greatm ovie and it's better than TA1, there is just no doubt about this.

There is no bad WOM at all, sorry but I don't believe because it's simply impossible. No worries.

And these numbers are still very high.

• Like 1

Glad that you love it because I do too.

It'd be ashamed if AOU has bad WOM when IM3 didn't because it's a far better movie.

This is just what I said 2 pages back.

Glad i am not the only one who thinks about it this way.

• Like 2

I don't think an increase on day 2 should be considered disappointing. By Sunday, we'll know how much it's made but I think it's bound to surpass Avengers and probably IM3 (in total gross) so we couldn't ask for much else anyway. If it tops Intertsellar and Frozen that would be great but I'll be satisfied with less.

Edited by Quigley
  • Like 2

Friday (4/24): Avengers: Age of Ultron Box Office

Admissions: 649,941

Daily %: (+4.46%)

Total Admissions: 1,275,635
Gross: $5.38 million

Total Gross: $10.26 million
Screens: 1768

Presales (midnight):  1,005,074 (94.0%)

Bumped for increased updates. IM3 increased only 64K on Friday too so maybe there is something to be said about fanboy rushing on OD.

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 8

Age of Ultron passed 2 million in admissions. 

It should pass 3 million tomorrow. 

CQDL1b1.jpg

Are those midday #s or full numbers for Saturday?  My time zones are all out of whack. 

Edit: Nevermind - and it's tomorrow afternoon there.  :D 

It looks like a big Saturday # if it's done 726,000 admissions just until 3-4 pm Sat.

Edited by TalismanRing

Are those midday #s or full numbers for Saturday?  My time zones are all out of whack. 

Edit: Nevermind - and it's tomorrow afternoon there.  :D

It looks like a big Saturday # if it's done 726,000 admissions just until 3-4 pm Sat.

I'm actually not sure to be honest since they didn't report the time it crossed the milestone or anything. I posted on Friday when reports came out that AoU passed 1 million in admissions (also not time specified), which was around 3:30-4pm. So it should have meant it did 378K in admissions up to that period. Does that mean it only did 272K in the evenings when it is meant to be the busiest part of the day? What's certain for now is that AoU will pass 2 million in admissions for the day, not sure about anything else. 

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 2

I'm actually not sure to be honest since they didn't report the time it crossed the milestone or anything. I posted on Friday when reports came out that AoU passed 1 million in admissions (also not time specified), which was around 3:30-4pm. So it should have meant it did 378K in admissions up to that period. Does that mean it only did 272K in the evenings when it is meant to be the busiest part of the day? What's certain for now is that AoU will pass 2 million in admissions for the day, not sure about anything else. 

Could it be they're behind in tallying admissions and doing carryovers to the next day?  Does that happen?

Could it be they're behind in tallying admissions and doing carryovers to the next day?  Does that happen?

If they do such a thing, it's a very well kept secret since I've never heard of it happening. In most cases the numbers usually pretty much add up. 

Edited by Rsyu

How is the WOM rating looking?

Naver Ratings

Netizen: 8.41/10.0 (4977 votes) [-0.11 from last update]

Audience: 8.67/10.0 (1,634 votes) [-0.11]

Critics: 7.0/10.0 (10 votes) [-0.20]

Watcha ratings (Movie rating site)

4.0/5.0 (10K votes) [-0.1]

That is impossible. I guess sit must have included all pre-sales for rest of the day. 272K must have been the walk ins.