diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

Well yeah zero money shots and also it looked so generic. There was nothing there that seperated it from any other city in korea tbh. Usually I don't think people would even care that much but it was a big part of pre-release hype.

If the truck Ultron/Cap scene were in Seoul i really dont understand what you're saying...

It was a fantastic scene and if that is'ent called a money shot scene then your expecxtations were much to high...

• Like 2

If the truck Ultron/Cap scene were in Seoul i really dont understand what you're saying...

It was a fantastic scene and if that is'ent called a money shot scene then your expecxtations were much to high...

Honestly I can understand him. I mean there was nothing specific to Seoul in that scene, that could have shot in another Asian city and nobody would get it,

• Like 1

The point is Fast 7 has really changed expectations for this film. 

While I see the point [very successful films released near each other] having one of the 2 main actors die makes FF7 the statistical anomaly in any comparison. Now FF8 against any of the first tier Marvel movies I'm willing to see and accept it as having any significance.

Honestly I can understand him. I mean there was nothing specific to Seoul in that scene, that could have shot in another Asian city and nobody would get it,

If there is anything specific for a city in an action Marvel scene the chances of it surviving the scene are like 5%. :D

When I write Seoul in Google images the most significant things are skyscrapers and also one of the images is this http://www.onthegotours.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/NightViewofSeoul.jpg which I think they did show.

Honestly. What did you expect??

Don't ask me, I don't know Seoul so I expected nothing from that. If there was a scene in Paris though I would expect to see some monuments/architecture specific to that city.

Its a Avengers movie :)

Not a Woody Allen movie ;)

I actully think big city audience are tired at this point of seeing their monuments and city destroyed everytime a new SH movie comes out..

I think the scene's did Seoul justice

1,155,654 and $9.37M only about $80K behind RC's 2nd biggest day.

Awww man :(

Its a Avengers movie :)

Not a Woody Allen movie ;)

I actully think big city audience are tired at this point of seeing their monuments and city destroyed everytime a new SH movie comes out..

Awww man :(

After yesterday, I'm not going to be disappointed with 3rd biggest day in admissions and gross.  ;)  :D

It isn't my expectations really, more the expectations of the Korean people in general. They filmed for 10 days and the government allowed roadblocks etc to be set up during rush hours in really busy parts of Seoul during that time which made people who were not interested in the film really pissed off. Now they see the film the reaction is along the lines of "all that trouble just for that?".

If there is anything specific for a city in an action Marvel scene the chances of it surviving the scene are like 5%. :D

When I write Seoul in Google images the most significant things are skyscrapers and also one of the images is this http://www.onthegotours.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/NightViewofSeoul.jpg which I think they did show.

Most people wanted to see something famous get destroyed I think  ;)

Honestly. What did you expect??

Don't ask me, I don't know Seoul so I expected nothing from that. If there was a scene in Paris though I would expect to see some monuments/architecture specific to that city.

If they wanted to go for monuments architecture that represents Seoul, there would have been better representatives than what they showed such as Kyungboek palace (the historical palace when Korea was ruled by a monarchy) or the N Seoul tower, one of the more recognizable buildings in Korea or the King Sejong monument etc. 

This is the first time Seoul has been featured in a major foreign film. Korean films don't have the budget of blockbuster Hollywood films so this is all kind of new to us :P people probably wanted to see a little destruction to the city and monuments.

Rsyu, so you're saying if Whedon had blown up Seoul than TA2 would have beaten RC? :lol:

I'm sure that a horde of "fans" of the current government would have lined up to see the blue house (presidential residence) get blown up  ;)

• Like 2

I agree Keyser isn't a troll but his current view of TA2 is, it's going to crash and burn in every market and we don't know if that'll happen. 

That is not my view. I did not say its gonna crash and burn. I just dont think it will have anywhere close to legs of A1. Crash and Burn is reserved for franchises like Twilight.

For Korea there is enough data. It had enormous pre-sales and so hype was unprecendented. But neither are online indicators(which is very representative for a market like korea) nor its walk ins showed its gonna be a WOM monster. Already pre-sales are down even though they are still way higher than previous films.

I could be WRONG(nothing new) but here I am just not BS'ng based on any bias. we will know for sure in next couple of days. Iam done with this for now.

I'm still astounded by the number of screens AoU took. Consider the previous record holder was TF4 with 1,602 screens on its OD and the closest competitor at that time was EoT in its 4th week of release. I think it will be quite a while before the circumstances fall in such a way for this particular record to be broken. The same applies to presales.

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 1