diskojustice

South Korea Box Office

43 minutes ago, Korra Legion said:

Avatar is having wild walk-ups numbers ;)

True, they are the reason this movie might not breakout ;)

I mean today only getting 1.52 / 1.53 multi from PS is quite bad, maybe all premium screens were soldout :(  I

Edited by pepsa

19 minutes ago, Danhjpn said:

How much pressure for today?

I am not sure what you mean by pressure, but today is looking at 815k (as Legion said).

I also want to state that the multi of walkups to ps get lower the more PS you have. Endgame only managed to get a 1.4 multi on sat and sunday. But we were talking about a 1.7m admission day not a 815k. To put it in perspective: NWH managed a 1.61 multi on saturday whilst all cinema's being clossed past 8pm (so way less room for walk ups) => the way of water is doing worse (although it had a bit more presalles) whilst not having any restictions.

A2 has 985k of PS, with a 1.8 walk up multi you get 1.75m admisson, with a 2.4 multi you get 2.3m admission. So the point I was trying to make is that 100k presold tickets isn't the same for every movie. The more PS heavy your movie is the less far it will get you. But again with A2 it might be because non IMAX / premium screens don't sell as well and that those screens are mostly sold out by now. A2 still has great ps 980k going in to sunday is very good, it's holding on to them much better than marvel movies. Just that walk ups have been very meh to say the least.

4 minutes ago, pepsa said:

I am not sure what you mean by pressure, but today is looking at 815k (as Legion said).

I also want to state that the multi of walkups to ps get lower the more PS you have. Endgame only managed to get a 1.4 multi on sat and sunday. But we were talking about a 1.7m admission day not a 815k. To put it in perspective: NWH managed a 1.61 multi on saturday whilst all cinema's being clossed past 8pm (so way less room for walk ups) => the way of water is doing worse (although it had a bit more presalles) whilst not having any restictions.

A2 has 985k of PS, with a 1.8 walk up multi you get 1.75m admisson, with a 2.4 multi you get 2.3m admission. So the point I was trying to make is that 100k presold tickets isn't the same for every movie. The more PS heavy your movie is the less far it will get you. But again with A2 it might be because non IMAX / premium screens don't sell as well and that those screens are mostly sold out by now. A2 still has great ps 980k going in to sunday is very good, it's holding on to them much better than marvel movies. Just that walk ups have been very meh to say the least.

Yeah that seems mostly in line with what we're seeing everywhere, people either want to get it on good screens and seats or they would rather watch it on another day. Could play against it or in favor of it, though honestly it is in luck that with this slow a december/january it's going to be able to actually hold onto the screens for a long time. If this was more packed and something came to take the screens away from it sooner it would've been hella bad.

A3 might not have the same luck though in terms of how long it gets to keep PLFs, so if it performs this poorly when it's outside of them...seems like something to keep into consideration I guess.

On 12/16/2022 at 7:38 AM, Korra Legion said:

Sat morning forecast:

CGV start 246k

forecast CGV end 385k 373k

forecast day 840 (800-890) 818k

forecast 00:20 KOBIS 1M 1.00M

forecast sun CGV start 246k 239k

forecast sun CGV end 380k

forecast sun day 825k

forecast 5day 2.73M

Actuals in bold

Sun morning forecast:

CGV start is 239k

Forecast CGV end 360k

forecast day 785k

forecast 5day 2.666M

no mon projection atm but kobis is a truly insane ~550k forward sales so expect it to rise to at least 700k eod I guess? Weekdays could be wild

Edited by Korra Legion
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Jonan23 said:

I love how punctual Korea is at posting numbers. Like everyday you know exactly what time the website will update daily top ten 

Not just that, there are incredible amounts of BO data from presale numbers, screenings, etc that Korea provides. The only thing lacking is real time BO info like we get from China (Maoyan, etc). Compared to these 2 countries, US info and numbers are like top secret, very difficult to get. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Not just that, there are incredible amounts of BO data from presale numbers, screenings, etc that Korea provides. The only thing lacking is real time BO info like we get from China (Maoyan, etc). Compared to these 2 countries, US info and numbers are like top secret, very difficult to get. 

Honestly the hourly reports are more convenient to work with than real time data since you can grab them anytime in the 60 min window and don’t have to hassle with “this much added in56 mins vs this much in 62 mins.”   

The only improvement would be if we got full market hourlies instead of CGV but honestly I find that estimating eod chain ratio adds an extra layer of fun.

• Like 1