Taylor

Weekend Estimates: #1-TED 54.1m; #2-MM 39.16m; #3-BRAVE 34m; #4-MADEA 26.35m; #5- MAD3 11.82m

Its hard to put a figure on the openers.I think we cannot simply say due to the epic sellouts that MM and TED are both well over 20 million.Comedies always sell out as they are on smaller screens or fewer screens.We all remember the opening of The Hangover Part 2.

We had the weekend of Madagascar 3 and Prometheus opening which seemed like the end that mini-slump, but then we got the week after that which was one of the worst June weekends ever.

TASM is doomed... :lol:

Hey at my local Regal theater, they knock out a 7pm hour showing of That's My Boy (Rock Of Ages is already down to 2 showings) for a 2nd Magic Mike show. Anyway Ted's showing sold out or almost sold out at like 99%. Really enjoyed Ted by the way.

Where is your theater.

Some people are getting way ahead of themselves with this 20 mil OD for MM I'm sure that people that are predicting based on these early numbers are aware of the fact that its going to play a LOT better late at night btw 1 R rated movie opening around 50 mil and the other opening above 30 mil = win This couldn't have happened a lot of times could it ?

I swear, outside of "event film" nights, this is the busiest I have EVER seen my theater. Maybe even moreso than some of the event nights. I had to park in a spot I've never even come close to parking.200 seater TED at 9:15 was sold out (and that after already having 8/8:30 shows in bigger theaters).TED the movie was ok. I liked it, but 21 Jump Street >>>>>

• Like 1

I swear, outside of "event film" nights, this is the busiest I have EVER seen my theater. Maybe even moreso than some of the event nights. I had to park in a spot I've never even come close to parking.

200 seater TED at 9:15 was sold out (and that after already having 8/8:30 shows in bigger theaters).

TED the movie was ok. I liked it, but 21 Jump Street >>>>>

Posted Image
  • Like 1

I swear, outside of "event film" nights, this is the busiest I have EVER seen my theater. Maybe even moreso than some of the event nights. I had to park in a spot I've never even come close to parking.200 seater TED at 9:15 was sold out (and that after already having 8/8:30 shows in bigger theaters).TED the movie was ok. I liked it, but 21 Jump Street >>>>>

What trailers did you have?

Oh and MM also looked huge at my theater. I had to wait in a line to go into Ted, and after we let in I went to the bathroom and there was more lines for MM.Audience loved TED though, many Boston references the crowd went wild for.

Why did not see MM?