Taylor

Weekend Estimates: #1-TED 54.1m; #2-MM 39.16m; #3-BRAVE 34m; #4-MADEA 26.35m; #5- MAD3 11.82m

So basically, the four biggest openers of the year will be TA, TDKR, THG and TASM. Not a bad year to be a fan of superheroes or chicks who kick ass.

Breaking Dawn is going to open higher than TASM. Probably THG too.

Ted and Magic Mike are siphoning up the adult audience, TASM will only have the teens and kiddies, and it won't even have the kiddies for long because IA4 is opening right after it. After that, TDKR will demolish it. I think under 200m is more and more likely.

How can they be siphoning off the adult audience if TASM hasn't opened yet. The fact is that while MM and Ted are doing good business this weekend, when was the last time two 40 million dollar openers killed off a tentpole?

How can they be siphoning off the adult audience if TASM hasn't opened yet. The fact is that while MM and Ted are doing good business this weekend, when was the last time two 40 million dollar openers killed off a tentpole?

The adults who saw these two movies probably won't be back 3 days later for TASM's opening and since these movies are running so close to each other adults will probably pick them of TASM. Plus both of them will open more than 50m so that's like 100m worth of adult audiences turning out this weekend.

Something intresting is I've noticed quite a few people saying that they are planning on seeing TASM over the weekend. Whenever I say it comes out on Tuesday they go "really? Thats a odd day to release a film"

The adults who saw these two movies probably won't be back 3 days later for TASM's opening and since these movies are running so close to each other adults will probably pick them of TASM. Plus both of them will open more than 50m so that's like 100m worth of adult audiences turning out this weekend.

"Live Free or Die Hard" and "Ratatouille" opened the weekend before TF1's Tuesday release. They pretty much covered all 4 quadrants and made 80 million dollars combined. That didn't stop frrom kiddies, teens and adults from watching TF1. What you are saying is completely without precedent. It is one thing for you to wish but don't try to pass it off as some sort of Box Office pattern.
  • Like 1

Something intresting is I've noticed quite a few people saying that they are planning on seeing TASM over the weekend. Whenever I say it comes out on Tuesday they go "really? Thats a odd day to release a film"

I am sure TASM will be like TF3. Epic meltdown on OD and it rebounds over the weekend.

And if we're talking Fri-Sun, then Brave and Madagascar 3 will beat TASM as well, and maybe even Snow White and MIB3.

You're kidding, right? There's an entire population between the ages of 10 and 17 whose most desirable choice would be Spider-Man next week.This onslaught of Spider-Man doom and gloom is pretty mind-boggling, honestly. Let's not forget its reviews look to be the second best out there among super-wide releases, and best among movies rated PG-13 or lower. I can't imagine everyone passing it up en masse right now. Edited by tribefan695

You're kidding, right? There's an entire population between the ages of 10 and 17 whose most desirable choice would be Spider-Man next week.This onslaught of Spider-Man doom and gloom is pretty mind-boggling, honestly. Let's not forget its reviews look to be the second best out there among super-wide releases, and best among movies rated PG-13 or less. I can't imagine everyone passing it up en masse right now.

This is bordering on batshit insane right now. People have conviced themselves that TASM isn't going to make any money for no reason except that they don't want it to make money. Edited by TLK

Next we'll be seeing a Katy Perry over Spider-Man opening weekend club.

:lol:And I will create that one! :rofl:Just to join it to my epic list of clubs :lol:: Immortals Under 35M DOM Club and the legendary, the one and only, The Hunger Games Under Percy Jackson DOM Club!!! Edited by CJohn

You're kidding, right? There's an entire population between the ages of 10 and 17 whose most desirable choice would be Spider-Man next week.This onslaught of Spider-Man doom and gloom is pretty mind-boggling, honestly. Let's not forget its reviews look to be the second best out there among super-wide releases, and best among movies rated PG-13 or lower. I can't imagine everyone passing it up en masse right now.

Did a lot of kids see Twilight or Dawson's Creek because that is what this Spider Man is aimed for. Remember, we are no longer talking about the campy, fun Spider Man by MacGuire but the Jersey Shore Peter Parker with a love story by Marc Webb.

Did a lot of kids see Twilight or Dawson's Creek because that is what this Spider Man is aimed for. Remember, we are no longer talking about the campy, fun Spider Man by MacGuire but the Jersey Shore Peter Parker with a love story by Marc Webb.

The only reason we know that is because we read reviews. From the advertising alone it just looks like your basic superhero movie.And even if it does turn out like that, it's not necessarily a bad thing as long as there's actual chemistry. Male teens aren't completely resistant to romance.

You're kidding, right? There's an entire population between the ages of 10 and 17 whose most desirable choice would be Spider-Man next week.This onslaught of Spider-Man doom and gloom is pretty mind-boggling, honestly. Let's not forget its reviews look to be the second best out there among super-wide releases, and best among movies rated PG-13 or lower. I can't imagine everyone passing it up en masse right now.

The Tuesday opening will definitely take a lot of demand away from the weekend, plus it will be more frontloaded than Transformers because it has three semi predecessor movies.

The only reason we know that is because we read reviews. From the advertising alone it just looks like your basic superhero movie.And even if it does turn out like that, it's not necessarily a bad thing as long as there's actual chemistry. Male teens aren't completely resistant to romance.

I disagreeBD1 got a B+ Cinemascore since guys dragged down the rating. Same with Magic Mike. I have never heard male teen skewing wide release romantic comedy anyways.

I disagreeBD1 got a B+ Cinemascore since guys dragged down the rating. Same with Magic Mike. I have never heard male teen skewing wide release romantic comedy anyways.

Those two aren't comparable. The former was a terrible film with no chemistry between the leads and the latter was advertised solely as female fanservice. I'm not even sure it was really the males who dragged down the Cinemascore as one of the main complaints seems to be "Too much plot".