Taylor

Weekend Estimates: #1-TED 54.1m; #2-MM 39.16m; #3-BRAVE 34m; #4-MADEA 26.35m; #5- MAD3 11.82m

The Tuesday opening will definitely take a lot of demand away from the weekend, plus it will be more frontloaded than Transformers because it has three semi predecessor movies.

Even if that's true, to say it could make as little as $3 million (sub-Snow White) over the weekend is pretty freaking ridiculous. Edited by tribefan695

Also where are people getting the idea that ASM is total romance with no action whatsoever? I see nothing saying that

Maybe you should read the reviews, instead of the forum. ;)

The determination for Asm to fail Is getting so ridiculous. I just dont get it

TASM is no different then John Carter or Battleship in my book. I more shocked by the people who hold the film sacrosanct without having seen it.

He meant those films' respective OWs, brah

:lol: :lol: I guess when I saw "Fri-Sun" I assumed he meant that specific weekend. Aym stoopid.Yeah, I guess I could see what he means, then. Still don't really agree with it just because I don't think word-of-mouth will be toxic like a lot of people think. Edited by tribefan695

I read many of the reviews (critics and user ratings) and see nothing that suggests your extreme hyperbole

It's not hyperbole, it's quotes straight from reviews but live in ijack's world of delusion if it pleases you.

That's because Spider-Man 3 was hated. ASM will have to pay for the sins of SM3 and it won't make as much money. This is something that I expect will happen.Same thing happen with BB doing such low business because of Batman and Robin.XMFC fell because of Wolverine and XM3. Edited by Mojoguy

Huh? There was negativity all over the internet about SM1 and SM2. And while WOM on SM2 helped immensely, SM3 just cemented it and there was NOTHING Sony, Webb and Co. could do to prevent it. But, luckily, while those in the minority may have the loudest voices on this, even if they all boycott the film it won't affect it as much as they'd like. The same thing happened before BB, then the film won most of the skeptics over. And Spidey is so much easier to hate than Batman. This sort of backlash was inevitable. And so was its fever pitch just before the film's release. Regardless, it's obvious the film doesn't suck...but they may have a leg to stand on regarding whether it was necessary or not. The more I hear, the more I think they should have been able to come up with some way to avoid being seen as a mere SM1 remake. I'm still excited, but my excitement has been tempered somewhat...and if mine has then... ;)
  • Like 1

Spider-Man 3 was very hated. ASM will have to pay for the sins of SM and it won't make as much money. This is something that I expect will happen.

"As much money" is $337 million. That's far beyond what would be considered a successful run for this movie. Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

"As much money" is $337 million. That's far beyond what would be considered a successful run for this movie.

Yes, something around 337M DOM would be very good, but I don't expect this to go near that at all even with 3D. Sony will want it to make a much money as possible but people will still be hesitant to go see ASM because they were burned so badly with SM3.

Huh? There was negativity all over the internet about SM1 and SM2. And while WOM on SM2 helped immensely, SM3 just cemented it and there was NOTHING Sony, Webb and Co. could do to prevent it. But, luckily, while those in the minority may have the loudest voices on this, even if they all boycott the film it won't affect it as much as they'd like. The same thing happened before BB, then the film won most of the skeptics over. And Spidey is so much easier to hate than Batman. This sort of backlash was inevitable. And so was its fever pitch just before the film's release. Regardless, it's obvious the film doesn't suck...but they may have a leg to stand on regarding whether it was necessary or not. The more I hear, the more I think they should have been able to come up with some way to avoid being seen as a mere SM1 remake. I'm still excited, but my excitement has been tempered somewhat...and if mine has then... ;)

Nolanite.
  • Like 1